Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undelivered GTA:SA

Options
  • 01-11-2004 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Just wondering. Anyone else order GTA:SA from play.com and still awaiting it's arrival? I'm not very impressed at this stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Play are slow at the moment, but it's more than likely An Post.
    Mario Golf only arrived today after being posted on the 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well if they shipped it Friday then I wouldn't be expecting it the following Monday. A delivery from play.com usually takes 5 to 7 business days to arrive, so you should get it Wednesday or Thursday at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yup. An Post at fault here IMO. Not wanting to belittle our national postal company but Amazon despatched GTA to me at 6.30 pm on thursday.

I arrived home today expecting it to be on the doormat but nothing :mad: .
    It is possible the storms last week affected cross channel postage times a little, cause I usually receive stuff from amazon in 2-3 days or less, but I still think An Post has to take some of the blame...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I got a mail sent from play at 19:41 on Tuesday the 26th to say it was being posted then. It should have arrived on friday. I'm seriously hoping my postman didn't have light fingers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea its an post
    i got something sent from UK on the 21st
    only got it today..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Don't be so quick to bash An Post, are you sure that play.com aren't using a really cheapo delivery service to send to Ireland? Anytime I've sent parcels inside of Ireland, my goodies usually arrive at the destination within two days. That'd lead me to believe that the problem is with the play.com courier rather than An Post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Usually I used to get my orders in about 6-7 days, I would order on the wednesday and recieve next tuesday/wednesday. Then it started picking up, I would order on wednesday and recieve on monday.

They do use an post because I couldnt get some things that I wanted when the strikes were on.

Em, so if it is longer than a week then maybe give them a ring, and even sometimes it can go over a week, but just give them a ring to let them know its taking a while after about a week

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm not bashing an post
    I think there service is a bit under at the mo
    I didn't order anything off play.com I got something different from uk

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Could be worse. I ordered a Pokemon Fire Red from dvdboxoffice.com back in september, it shipped on 10/9, still hasn't arrived. They said they can't do anything for 60 days after the game ships, so it's another week before I get any comeback with them. Bastids.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I also got my order sent on 21/10 (not for gta, but a book) and have yet to receive it. I'm blaming An Post too because I've a history of receiving multiple parcels at the same time despite them all shipping on different dates.

I don't want this delay for HL2 (although what's one week after five years....)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

yes An post are great, posted 2 dvds from d.22 to Phibsboro on a monday and a jigsaw from D.22 to Denmark on same day , mate in denmark got jigsaw on weds , 3 weeks later guy in phibsboro got letter to wrong address.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

If Play ship something to Ireland it's standard shipping, I don't think you can use different "levels" of shipping from the UK to Ireland (unless you courier something over, which isn't normal post and is expensive). It's all An Post's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Have to say i think an post are really good. Its probably the royal mails fault. play.com deliveries are always fairly slow cos they are in jersey. I wouldnt risk preordering from them anyway, only use em when im not in a hurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i only ever had a problem with a play.com delivery when An Post ****ed up and i had to wait 3 weeks, everything else arrives within 5 working days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Could be worse. I ordered a Pokemon Fire Red from dvdboxoffice.com back in september, it shipped on 10/9, still hasn't arrived. They said they can't do anything for 60 days after the game ships, so it's another week before I get any comeback with them. Bastids.

Know this is off-topic but, wow, that's shít. I ordered Paper Mario 2 off dvdboxoffice.com on 12/10, and they didn't ship it until 21/10. Didn't think there would be any more of a delay, by the time it arrives the game will probably be released here. It's weird because I purchased something off them last year and they were definetly faster than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Same here. I bought Metroid Zero Mission off them in March, and it only took 9 days to deliver. They're dead come the 60th day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

To be honest I have stopped ordering off Play, I order most DVD's and stuff now off the Hong Kong version of CD-WOW.

The long delivery times are not the fault of Play or An Post as far as I know, the delay lies with the customs getting out of England before An Post get it, delivery times from CD-Wow Hong kong are about half that of Play for items shipped on the same day presumably because it doesn't have to go through England

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I ordered Requiem for A Dream (only 5.99!) from Play.com and it was posted on the 23rd of October. Yet to arrive. I will join the fun and bash An Post also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

someone knows how to burgle houses please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

koneko wrote:
    If Play ship something to Ireland it's standard shipping, I don't think you can use different "levels" of shipping from the UK to Ireland (unless you courier something over, which isn't normal post and is expensive). It's all An Post's fault.

There are different levels from the UK. Ive gotten things from overclockers.co.uk and modelsport.co.uk within two days, yet DVD's from Play take a week or thereabouts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Crimson, ordered Tribes Vengeance, posted same day as yours (26th) and still no sign. If it doesnt turn up tomorrow ill be paying the sorting office a nice visit with a a big boot in tow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

Crimson, ordered Tribes Vengeance, posted same day as yours (26th) and still no sign. If it doesnt turn up tomorrow ill be paying the sorting office a nice visit with a a big boot in tow.

I've considered that. Any idea how to find out where your local sorting office is, and it's opening hours? I'm D.15 area if that is of any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I've considered that. Any idea how to find out where your local sorting office is, and it's opening hours? I'm D.15 area if that is of any help.

Crimson, if you're in D15 I reckon your sorting office is the one in Coolmine industrial estate, the one where Power City is. It's the buidling behind the Firestation, beside the entrance to the bring centre and across from the Renault garage. I can't remember the opening hours, I think it closes at either 5 or 5:30 but have a look in the phone book, the opening hours are there somewhere.

A woman here who also lives in D15 told me that they got a postcard in the post from An Post last week telling that the postmans bags were robbed and to check with their banks etc in case they were expecting anything important.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Axel wrote:
    There are different levels from the UK. Ive gotten things from overclockers.co.uk and modelsport.co.uk within two days, yet DVD's from Play take a week or thereabouts...

They don't use standard post, I know overclockers.co.uk don't anyway, they use parcelforce or something similar. Standard post is standard post afaik. No company that ships DVDs for free will ever use a courier.

Advertisement