Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford Crystals Urine Stolen

• 01-11-2004 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Haha... just heard this
    Part of a doping sample taken from the horse that won Ireland's only gold medal at the Athens Olympics was stolen, the International Equestrian Federation said Monday.

The horse, Waterford Crystal, tested positive for a banned substance in an initial test, the federation said last month. But part of the backup sample was taken Oct. 21 while being shipped to a lab in England. The federation wouldn't give other details or say if the theft would halt the antidoping investigation of the horse, which could cost rider Cian O'Connor his show jumping medal.

I reckin they just took the piss (sorry it had to be done ;))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Coumtay

Heh, obvious but still a good one! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

The question is: Why would someone steal a bottle of horse piss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

This innocence lark, has ruined the perfectly good joke that was............

What have Eric De Bruin and Cian O'Connor have in common?

............They've both rode Olympic Cheats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

which one looks more like a horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

umm how do they steal a portion of it? I thought it was only 1 sample.... maybe it just leaked lol that'd be funny way to keep the medal cos sum1 didnt put lid on properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

What have Eric De Bruin and Cian O'Connor have in common?

Tommy Tiernan ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Phil_321 wrote:

The makers of Harp lager, in an attempt to improve the taste?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,523 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Read the true story in the Indoh! tomorrow.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

umm how do they steal a portion of it? I thought it was only 1 sample.... maybe it just leaked lol that'd be funny way to keep the medal cos sum1 didnt put lid on properly
    The "B sample" consisted of a blood sample and a urine sample and it is the urine part that is missing.

If I heard correctly today, it was the urine part of the "A sample" that failed last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

Mmm, tangy and crisp.

xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Just when you thought that this story couldn't get anymore wierd...hmmmmmmmm
    EFI offices in Co Kildare are broken into
    02 November 2004 08:24
    The President of the Equestrian Federation of Ireland, Avril Doyle, has said that its offices at Kill in Co Kildare were broken into last night.

She told RTÉ she did not know whether anything had been taken, and that gardaí would be investigating what she described as a sinister development.

It follows the disappearance of the second urine sample taken from Cian O'Connor's Olympic mount, Waterford Crystal.

Senior figures in showjumping have called for an inquiry into the disappearance.

They include his former Olympic trainer Eddie Macken and two of his team mates at the Athens Games - Marian Hughes and Kevin Babington.

Three European police forces are co-operating in the investigation into the theft of the sample.

The governing body of the sport, the FEI, said the sample was stolen in Cambridgeshire in England as it was being transported to the horse racing forensic laboratories there from Paris on 21 October.

British police are working with their Swiss and French counterparts to try to establish who stole the sample.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Victor wrote:
    The "B sample" consisted of a blood sample and a urine sample and it is the urine part that is missing.

If I heard correctly today, it was the urine part of the "A sample" that failed last time.

yep i heard that this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Victor wrote:

Fúck me! Some people are into really kinky shít! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

This really sucks. I've met Cian a number of times and I firmly believe he's innocent. But how the hell is he gonna be able to prove it now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jack Feeney

fozzle wrote:
    This really sucks. I've met Cian a number of times and I firmly believe he's innocent. But how the hell is he gonna be able to prove it now?

Perhaps Gardai from Donegal could be called in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Rossonero

O'Connors horse failed 2 tests. It must have been another that got stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Perhaps Gardai from Donegal could be called in?

Or even Detective Spunk Murphy Limrick CID

and from what I've heard the horse only failed the urine test. There was nothing mentioned about the blood.

But of course correct me if I'm Wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sure it's easy explain what happened: they took a Ryanair flight to Paris ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

Phil_321 wrote:
    maybe someone was seriously confused with the Budweiser add and presumed horse piss was Budweiser, 9 out of 10 horse piss drinking alco's can't tell the difference..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Fudger wrote:
    maybe someone was seriously confused with the Budweiser add and presumed horse piss was Budweiser, 9 out of 10 horse piss drinking alco's can't tell the difference..............

Yeh i like how in that ad they say "When nature quenches this is what it tastes like, the taste of budwiser!"

It's so obviously wet horses though

• Advertisement

O'Connors horse failed 2 tests. It must have been another that got stolen.
    2 tests? What 2 tests? I have only heard of Waterford Crystal failing one test. Are you referring to another horse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Tuesday November 2, 2004
    The Guardian

May 31 O'Connor wins three classes on ABC Landliebe and rides a double clear on Waterford Crystal in Rome.

Jul 22 Vet James Sheeran gives Waterford Crystal a sedative after prescribing a course of hydrotherapy treatment for his fetlock injury.

Jul 30 ABC Landliebe's three classes are taken off her after a drug test in Rome is failed. No suspension is enforced.

Aug 24 Waterford Crystal starts well in qualifying at the Olympics but has neck problems after a sub-standard team competition display.

Aug 27 Waterford Crystal recaptures his form and O'Connor claims Ireland's first gold in the sport.

Oct 7 O'Connor hears of Waterford Crystal's positive test for a banned substance. The public know a day later.

Oct 10 O'Connor is questioned over 'rapping' - another illegal practice.

Oct 11 The head of the International Equestrian Federation's veterinary department, Dr Frits Sluyter, says it would be 'unprecedented' for an equine sedative to show up five weeks after use.

Oct 12 An Equestrian Federation of Ireland spokesman says it could take until next year before O'Connor discovers his fate.

Oct 13 O'Connor claims jealous people are targeting him. Rumours circulate about Waterford Crystal being drugged by rivals.

Nov 1 The FEI confirms a B sample of Waterford Crystal's drugs test has been stolen while or after being taken to Newmarket from Paris.

Nov 2 The president of the Equestrian Federation of Ireland, Mrs Avril Doyle, has said the organisation's offices in Co Kildare were broken into overnight. It is unknown if anything was taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The saga escalates:
    DUBLIN (Reuters) - Ireland's equestrian governing body said on Tuesday a number of documents had been stolen from its offices overnight, the latest dramatic twist in a doping controversy surrounding Olympic champion Cian O'Connor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

When I first saw this thread I thought it said " Waterford Crystals Urinal Stolen" And I thought to myself "What is the world coming to"

I didnt know it was also the name of a horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Latest latest on this is some statement issued by the governing body saying that the substances found in one or other of the failed tests were NOT medicinal in nature and could have no innocent business being in any horses sytem.

Personally I think this stinks. I love a good conspiracy, and this has all the makings of one.
    Missing/stolen tests, light fingered couriers, and middle of the night break ins: someone is trying to hide or cover up something. Given that such a lucrative proportion of overseas exports are in the horse racing/showjumping indutry, it's not preposterous that vested interests with the means and contacts at their disposal would want to nip this whole thing in the bud, and stifle the bad publicity surrounding it, and sullying Irelands name on the international circuit.
    Whether O'Connor is innocent or not, there's something else a lot more contrived and sinister happening behind the scenes, and the loss of a medal might not be the only thing to come out of it...

Wertz wrote:
    Personally I think this stinks.
    This happens in the urine business. :D
    Missing/stolen tests, light fingered couriers, and middle of the night break ins: someone is trying to hide or cover up something. Given that such a lucrative proportion of overseas exports are in the horse racing/showjumping indutry, it's not preposterous that vested interests with the means and contacts at their disposal would want to nip this whole thing in the bud, and stifle the bad publicity surrounding it, and sullying Irelands name on the international circuit.
    They would appear to be failing spectacularly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A Revolutionary Bio-Enzymatic Remover that Eliminates Urine!

On the news last night it said that the DHL package was signed for by someone who was not a member of staff outside the barrier... Sounds like someone intercepted the package.

Maybe in future DHL could ask for thumb prints instead of signing..

Maybe in future DHL could ask for thumb prints instead of signing..
    Or eh, deliver to the site on the address :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement