Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL and Phoneline

Options
  • 01-11-2004 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I at the moment have a Eircom DSL and phone line from work in my house and I have my own Eircom phone line.

I have to get rid of one or the other. So this mean getting eircom broadband for my house and getting rid of the work lines. So my question is, can I keep my existing number (99% sure I can). Also can I still "network" the phone line around my house? If the broadband and phone line come in my office, can i have a phone point in my living, and bedroom as i do at the moment?

Any info will be gratefully received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Yes to all

make sure your own line passes the BB test first, if not you may have to cease it.

If not you need to get your number onto the work line and cease the work number and your account and take over the work account as yours and not have a break in service on the BB or the work account...now with your number

Find intelligence in the bowels of 1901 who now have a spiffy new call centre full of dozy skangers in Citywest before you attempt the sequence. get name and number.

the wiring must be in series or the BB could be banjaxed by the bad wiring .

M

Advertisement