Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thought i'd be the first.....

• 01-11-2004 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭

Watcha all gettin for Christmas?? :D its only 7 more weeks!!! come on, get in the spirit early this year! Wuhoo!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ho ****ing ho ho!
    merry crimbo you bunch of friendly people.

I want a banning for Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

wrong, very very wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MoshinLeprachan

my birthday is close to chrimbo so i get joint presents which sucks so i don't like it! But for my joint present I'm gettin new computer cause this one is soooo stupid and a certain some one i kknow would "love to get their hands on it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

How does **** get through the oul language filter?

Lets test this: ****

Yip **** doesnt get through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You're one of those b*stards who works in TV advertising\store decorating, aren't you? Admit it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Alas no, but wouldnt that be great?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

id hazard a guess ill be getting the old spice bag full of goodies from mother in-law again this year to go with the Lynx one i still have from last year,and the socks and boxers i got also that are size to big for me... :D

something techno from kids(mammy really bought it) but from kids something from pound(euro)shop....ooooo hope i get the tool set in there,it looks so hardwareing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Miss Mann

This year I'm going to purposely by shitty presents for everyone just to piss them off. After all, they've done that to me the past few years. (Whether it was intentional, I don't know...)

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

more than likely not miss mann but do let us all know how that goes! on a side note who can come up with some good low buget gifts? this should be interesting.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

who can come up with some good low buget gifts? this should be interesting.... :D

im selling off old spice or lynx or anyone with a size 12(socks) and XXL boxers...hehehehe :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Miss Mann wrote:
    This year I'm going to purposely by shitty presents for everyone just to piss them off. After all, they've done that to me the past few years. (Whether it was intentional, I don't know...)

xx
    Well it's the thought that counts, even if those thoughts are dominated by hatred and bitterness... that's what I always say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

This year I would like some DVDs! And maybe new clothes.

And a Bengal cat!!! Check it out!!!

bengal227.jpg

bengal9_hollwood.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

I wouldn't mind getting a pussy for christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

neev wrote:

You should know better Nevv, Bengal Cat and Fluffy Bunny don't go.
    ;)
    bunny.jpgbengal9_hollwood.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm getting a Nintendo DS for Christmas! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I can say, truthfully, that I don't really want anything for Christmas this year.
    I've way too much crap and clutter... I'd love some more DVD's but I'll get them meself because other people would only get the wrong ones. :rolleyes:

As an aside, I've bought all my Chrimbo pressies for everyone since the end of Aug / start of Sept in the Summer sales... I hate the last minute Christmas rush and over inflated prices. I'm really sensible... honest! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Jekell

So what would be a good present for a guy then???
    I have a Dad, a brother and a boyfriend who always cringe any time I give them a present! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Jekell wrote:
    So what would be a good present for a guy then???
    I have a Dad, a brother and a boyfriend who always cringe any time I give them a present! :D

Me too - one year I bought my stepdad an aftershave set - I was only a teenager now - he has a beard and don't shave :o . I have an uncle who is great to me and helps me out a lot and would love any ideas for what to get him.

Myself for xmas I'd love a new picture phone, digital camera, pc and broadband at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The usual selection of normal-ish gifts for people (aftershave/perfume gift packs, CDs, DVDs). I'm buying my mam an MP3 player. I don't really want anything for Christmas, not big into the whole presents thing I've realised...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

I'm getting a Nintendo DS for Christmas! \o/
    me too!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

koneko wrote:
    The usual selection of normal-ish gifts for people (aftershave/perfume gift packs, CDs, DVDs). I'm buying my mam an MP3 player. I don't really want anything for Christmas, not big into the whole presents thing I've realised...

Lucky Koneko's Mam :) . I love giving the presents just as much as receiving them. I love getting my Mam a really big present. This year I hope to pay for her trip to Lourdes. She went last year and had a great time. Its around €350 so if I have the funds she will def get the tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If I was pushed to say I wanted something, it would probably be RAM.
    My birthday is 6 days before hand, so I'll probably just ask for money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

im defo getting and I-River. Was thinking about buying a mountainbike... oh oh oh and a surprise...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

All I want for Crimbo is the Slydice Special back .. ;)

Oh and peace and harmony in the World and a Kylie callender and some socks and jocks and Buckaroo !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

my own place fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We do a Kris Kindle (how ever you spell it), so the family sends around a list of things they'd like to eachother, then pick a name from a hat. Works really, really well. Also saves the having to think about presents bit. In a family of four sons, that's a Godsend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

neev wrote:

bengal227.jpg

bengal9_hollwood.jpg

Oh and a surprise! I forgot a surprise!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Oh Oh Ohh .....and a selection box ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

For anyone who needs some inspiration for the presents. http://www.iwantoneofthose.com

For the poster who had lots of males to buy for I defo suggest you take a gander

Oh and bah humbug :)

CHroMe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

A scalectrix set for my 4 yr old daughter. She really does want one. Yippee! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

ding wrote:
    A scalectrix set for my 4 yr old daughter. She really does want one. Yippee! \o/
    sure she does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

I ****ing hate christmas. No really. It's just so crap. Forcing people who most of the time don't want to be together together and then listening to people gushing about the hilarious set of golf-pants they got from cousin ****head. Spare me. Christmas is what's wrong with the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dangerman wrote:
    I ****ing hate christmas. No really. It's just so crap. Forcing people who most of the time don't want to be together together and then listening to people gushing about the hilarious set of golf-pants they got from cousin ****head. Spare me. Christmas is what's wrong with the world.
    Don't go if you don't get on with the people. Jesus....

People thinking that they have to see everyone and put on a false pretence is what's wrong with the world. Don't go see the people you don't like. Problem solved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Don't go if you don't get on with the people. Jesus....

Couldn't agree more. But it's unavoidable if they are coming to your house.

Actually I've been thinking and I know what the worst thing about christmas is...those little joke santa mechanical things that you press a button and they rotate/do a dance and play a little tune. Anyone who has the spare cash to buy anything like that, please, just don't. In the hands of a drunk aunty that thing will seem even funnier every time.

/me makes plans to leave country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

this year i'll probably get some bills from the postman :(

i would like some dvd's and cd's though

• Advertisement
Advertisement