Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9800pro overclock?

Options
  • 01-11-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey all
    I flashed my Sapphire 9800 pro to an Xt and added an arctic cooler. I hadn't overclocked yet and decided to find the max clock speed with ati tool.

It reached 473.54 with the memory at 338.54(Stock).

Does that seem right? Seems a bit too high.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

that seems bloody high!!!..but i guess its not..impossible so if it claims thats your max core..try it

my xt is overclocked as much as possible at stock cooling - 460..so if i got an ati silencer i could possibly reach 480 or so....which in comparison to yours at stock isnt too far off i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's a good overclock and about right for an artic cooler. Now overclock the mmeory.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Should I overclock the memory with the max core or start with the core at stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

What i normally do is - look for the max core - then do max memory - after that scan for artifacts - if it finds any it will drop your core

Advertisement