Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol Prices in Waterford

• 02-11-2004 12:08am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Talk about taking the piss.... For the last few weeks the three petrol stations on the Dunmore rd in Waterford CITY have been up there with the dearest stations throughtout Waterford. Up to yesterday Sunday 31/10/04 their price for Unleaded was between 99.9 and 103.9 per ltr. Tesco opens up today with a price of 95.9 for Unleaded and 91.5 for Diesel and what happens the others drop their prices to the same as Tesco.

It just geos too show how much they are making on the petrol if they can knock that much of the price of a litre just like that.

Now that they are all the same price I know where I will be going to fill up. Fair play to tesco.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's great. Roll on Tesco petrol in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Petrol at Tesco Wilton is the only real possible at the moment & thats gonna be a while away unfortunately. There's a real clampdown on planning for filling stations in the City region at the moment.

West Cork is going to be the first discounter available with Scally's new SuperValu in Clonakilty. Matching local prices for fuel, but giving 5c of every litre with a €40 spend in store.

I heard this mornign that Superquinn are to give 20c off per litre through Maxol with every €20 in store spend too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Andip wrote:
    I heard this mornign that Superquinn are to give 20c off per litre through Maxol with every €20 in store spend too.
    20c/litre? That can't be right, can it? That'd be worth €7 to me, and I can't see how they could afford a €7 discount on €2o worth of groceries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

www.irishfuelprices.com

By the way I was down in Waterford last weekend and the garage on the New Ross road (heading out of the city) was reasonable, at least in comparison to it's neighbour on the opposite side. But I'm sure Tesco is cheaper still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I remember in 2002 in Waterford petrol was about 5-10 cent cheaper than Dublin. Last year prices were much the same - what happened here?

Theory - someone mentioned this on boards and now we find ourselves here... sigh!

Suggestion: sticky updated weekly/monthly in bargain alerts: cheapest petrol by county/by province - can't think any mod would want to take this on though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good to see Tesco is open. As for cheaper fuel, well it requires a single player to set a low price then others will match it. For some years Tedcastles fuel depot in town sold very cheap fuel but sadly the site is now gone. Its an apartment block. Dunno where TOP are now based.

Mike,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭samo

superquinn HAVE been doing a promotion where if you spend 50e in one go you get a 2 euro discount off maxol 20 euro spend or more...unless it they have just upped their promotion!

Still isnt great though compared to the dunnes one or to tescos promotion. was getting unleaded at 91.9c p/l at the time from a texaco in lucan on dunnes promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Suggestion: sticky updated weekly/monthly in bargain alerts: cheapest petrol by county/by province - can't think any mod would want to take this on though.

erm www.irishfuelprices.com as I posted above. Click on the map to find the cheapest near you...
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

samo wrote:
    superquinn HAVE been doing a promotion where if you spend 50e in one go you get a 2 euro discount off maxol 20 euro spend or more...unless it they have just upped their promotion!

Still isnt great though compared to the dunnes one or to tescos promotion. was getting unleaded at 91.9c p/l at the time from a texaco in lucan on dunnes promotion
    The Dunnes offer was 5c/litre, I think - that'd only be worth €1.50 to me (i usually get about 30-31 litres when I fill up). So if Superquinn was offering €2 off, then Superquinn would be better for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

The cheapest i have found so far is at , Clonkeen rd deansgrange/cabinteely.
    .93 litre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

What is the story with Statoil? They are about 5c dearer than everyone else in Dublin. Is this the same as all over the country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I was in Waterford today (Dec 1) and filled up my tank at the Statoil on the Tramore Rd. - 92.9c per litre or Unleaded. Diesel was a cent cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Horeb

samo wrote:

Most Maxol stations are a rip off and hike their prices if an offer like that is on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Deisesun

I wish it was 95cent now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Look at the those prices, God talk about inflation busting :eek:

When Tesco opened they were 10c cheaper (back when 10c was a lot) and did a 5 cent in the litre discount with a spend of €50 in the supermarket. Needless to say they do not do that any more and the fuel is no cheaper than anywhere else.

Advertisement