Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddings

Options
  • 18-06-1999 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I would just like to make the comment that the best series ever written are edding's belgariad,mallorean,polgara,belgarth....
    they are simply incredible(i'm on my 8 reading of the set)
    but i've heard that the rest of his books are disappointing which i find hard to believe but before i make a hefty financial plunge into buying them i would like some advice/feedback
    thank you
    rory

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭DeViant

Isn't he the guy who just keeps re-writing the same story again and again???

tongue.gif
    B.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Yep.

They're alright but Belgarath is a bit of an indulgence and Polgara is a rather large bunch of feminist tripe. I haven't read the Rivan Codex, but I haven't heard anything good about it...

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 rory

but does any1 have any insights into his others...not the belgarion books

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

You mean the Mallorean? (more or less the same story as The Belgariad, better written though)
    Or the Elium (how ever it is spelt)? - Quite good I thought
    Or the Tamuli? (more or less the same story as The Elium, better written though...hmmm where did I say that before)
    Or High Hunt? Okay
    Or The Losers? Strange but good
    (The last two are his Real Life books)

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Graysonn

The elysium and the Tamuli are just the Belgariad and the Malorian re-written.
    They're about a bloke who has to go looking for an almighty stone created by the Gods.
    Does that sound familar to anyone???
    Still they're a good read if a bit unimaginative after the belgariad and malorian

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah Eddings is quite simplistic really. I enjoyed the Belgariad, the Malorian, Elenium and Tamuli but his writing is a bit soft for me overall.

M

Advertisement