Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Billy Gunn and A-Train fired by WWE

• 02-11-2004 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I've read on nodq.com that theyve been released.Apparently there's also a statement on WWE.com.
    I think it's a shame as I feel they have talent,especially Billy.

There's now rumours of a New Age Outlaws reunion in TNA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

new age outlaws rocked at their peak. i mean what other tag team actually has a rule named after them?? With "The Outlaws Rule" stemming from when they were defending their titles in a triple threat tag match (cant remember who against) and both teams thought it clever to tag in both outlaws thinking they would cause a bit of tension in the outlaw camp by having them face off. so gunn and road dogg square up and look ready to go but then road dogg lay down and gunn got the 3 count thereby wining the match and retaining the titles for the outlaws and leavin their opponents lookin stupid. granted its all predetermined but i still think its one of the coolest and funniest things iv seen in a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

TOPDAWG wrote:
    new age outlaws rocked at their peak. i mean what other tag team actually has a rule named after them?? With "The Outlaws Rule" stemming from when they were defending their titles in a triple threat tag match (cant remember who against) and both teams thought it clever to tag in both outlaws thinking they would cause a bit of tension in the outlaw camp by having them face off. so gunn and road dogg square up and look ready to go but then road dogg lay down and gunn got the 3 count thereby wining the match and retaining the titles for the outlaws and leavin their opponents lookin stupid. granted its all predetermined but i still think its one of the coolest and funniest things iv seen in a match.

Too right, Billy and RD ruled. I also always remember them for not having a tag team finisher, they won every week by breaking the rules somehow, even when they were faces.I think they were the reason DX was as big as it was, after HBK left anyway. I also think WWE missed the boat in not pushing "Mr.Ass" in '99 when they finally spit up, i think he had enough of a charismatic gimmmick to make up for his poor mic skills, instead he was fed to the Rock and stayed in mis card for ever more.I know he's apparently had "personal demons" ( wrestling talk for taking drugs/drink ), but WWE had no problem giving Eddie and Regal a second chance, they even paid for Xpac's recent rehab ( Thanks to his best buddy HHH of course ) and he's no even coming back to WWE. I don't blame Billy for hitting the drugs cabinent after the way he's been kept down in recent years, he's there longer than Bradshaw and could have been just as good a champ in my view , even Holly got a couple of title shots in the last few years.
    I know Billy has been muttering about going to TNA to other guys backstage, so that probably did'nt wash well with WWE.As for an Outlaws reunion, they will have to think of a new name most likely, and BG James and Monty Sopp has'nt got a great ring to it.
    As for Atrain, never his biggest fan but he seemed a solid worker, maybe i've missed something about his backstage/personal life but in the ring he seemed fairly handy.Got a couple of decents pushes , most memorably against Kane for the IC belt.In fact , i would have put him as a much more able guy to take the Kane's baby killer role that was given to Gene Snitsky ( what a Ridiculous name ).
    Still good luck to them both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I always thought Gunn was underused, but this was probably due to his proneness to injury.

Probably a shame as he was tipped for the top after his win at King Of The Ring.

New Age Outlaw reunion sounds good for TNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Test is gone too

Advertisement