Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 02-11-2004 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

i recently set up a two pc network between a 98 machine and an xp machine - the xp is the main computer and it has a printer attached - file sharing works perfect however when i try to install the printer on the 98 machine it tells me during the install that the printer is offline and that i can install it if i want but that it will not work - and sure enough it doesnt - it says printing offline and it wont come off it - i have tried just about everyting - has anyone come accross this before

bob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Right click on the printer in XP... go to properties, then sharing, then open the "Additional Drivers" dialog... try enabling the "Windows 95, 98, ME" checkbox and sort it out with whatever drivers it wants.
    Might solve the problem, might not... worth a try at any rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

no - sorry - i meant to say that i did that allready - the 98 drivers are loaded on the xp machine in the file and printer sharing dialog

thanks anyway

:rolleyes:

bobmurphy wrote:
    thanks anyway

:rolleyes:
    Yeah, thanks for the :rolleyes: there... appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

bobmurphy wrote:
    no - sorry - i meant to say that i did that allready - the 98 drivers are loaded on the xp machine in the file and printer sharing dialog:
    It sounds to me that the Win98 machine can't "see" the XP printer - have you verified that you can connect to the XP machine at all? DId you connect to the printer by "browsing" to it, or by typing in it's name/address?

Yeah, thanks for the there... appreciate it.
    what ??

anyway !!!!

got the problem fixed - not sure what i did - but thanks anyway . :p

• Advertisement

bobmurphy wrote:
    what ??
    Huh?

the post was meant to read ::
    Yeah, thanks for the :confused: there... appreciate it.
    what ??

but the smilie didnt copy over for some reason and i didn't bother putting it in coz i thought the meaning was obvious

i just meant i didnt know what your post was about - did my smilie offend you or something that you commented on it ?? i was ( probably mistakenly ) under the impression that you were being sarcastic

but it doesnt really matter :cool:

Advertisement