Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test - Absolute T*ssers!!

Options
  • 02-11-2004 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Have been waiting 12 months for my driving test.. I was meant to do it this Thursday the 4th.. I got a phone call last nite (the 1st) to say they need to cancel it cos they testers have to attend a meeting!!

So now I am on the waiting list.. For f*ck sake!!

Anything I can do about this?? Apart from bollicking poor some sod in the Dept of Transport!! They have only given me 4 days notice, I would have to give them 10 in order to cancel it!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

happened to a mate of mine awhile ago but giving out wont get ya anywhere, just another irish government screw up ya gotta live with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭_sheep

Had a test about 2 weeks ago, arrived at 9:00 for the 9:15 test, waited in the waiting room with the other people until about 9:30 (we were seconds away from knocking on the door wondering were we in the wrong place). Out comes one of the lads with a big **** eating grin, 'Is Mr. Sheep here ?, ah there you are, your tester has called in sick, unlucky mate, ill stick you on the waiting list, bye'.

They mentioned the replacment wasnt comming till 10, i said id wait and they could cancel the 10am's persons one as i was already there, etc etc, no go, just told to leave.

I kicked up a fuss and made a complaint, got a phone call from the dept of transport about 2/3 minutes later apologising, still had to wait for the test tho. C*nts

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

_sheep wrote:
    ah there you are, your tester has called in sick, unlucky mate, ill stick you on the waiting list, bye

That's just shocking - how can they treat people like that? :mad:

If they'd have stand-by testers (1 day a weak they have to answer their phone between 8.30 and 9.30 AM - little extra cost to the department to fund this), they wouldn't have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I thought I was bad.. I reckon I would have kicked in teeth if I was sitting there and they cancelled!!

any idea how long you will now be waiting to be called??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

That is such a load of bollops. How can people screw up a remedial job. Give a monkey power and what happens?? They are as bad as bouncers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

unkel wrote:
    That's just shocking - how can they treat people like that? :mad:

If they'd have stand-by testers (1 day a weak they have to answer their phone between 8.30 and 9.30 AM - little extra cost to the department to fund this), they wouldn't have this problem

if they had aq stand by tester that person would be better used as a full time tester so thast the waiting lists get shorter, thus starting the vicious circle when someone rings in sick again.

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

Just do up a letter saying its for work, my text is next week and i applied 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 78,397 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a charter on www.transport.ie somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Just do up a letter saying its for work, my text is next week and i applied 4 weeks ago

Considering what you work at that doesn't surprise me. A lot of people get a letter from the job whether they actually need the car for work or not but they don't all get fast tracked to a month.

Advertisement