Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hyperion/Endymion

Options
  • 16-06-1999 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Anyone else read/reading these? I'm not much of a one for the mad SF stuff usually, but these books are fairly mindbending. If you're an SF fan and you haven't read Hyperion yet, go and buy it - I guarantee ye'll buy the other three books in the series straight away smile.gif

Mind, I'm only on the second one myself smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-06-99).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

kewl - I posted here about these books a few months ago and got no takers.

The first two are the best - but I loved them so much the second two were supremely enjoyable just to be back there. Of course I read the first two when they came out and had to wait years for the second two.

just wait til ye see how the second one ties some of that 'mindbending' sh1te up smile.gif

enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, waitin for books to come out sux.
    i been reading the wheel of time for ohhh, about 7 years now sad.gif
    and im only on book 8!

any1 know when the next one is due?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭ChungKing

reading that one myself....

dunno when the next is coming out but after putting them aside for about 2 years I got around to reading the last 2 in the series - enjoyed them, but found myself thinking :

this is basically a soap opera

I don't watch soaps, but it seems true smile.gif

cue deep voice THE WHEEL OF TIME

STARRING COOKIE SHEROBEE as RAND AL'THOR, and SLAPASS MCCURDLE as EGWINE

etc etc smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just finished the Fall of Hyperion - oh man what a fookin great book!!! smile.gif everyone go and buy it now, immediatly. Must go and get Endymion tomorrow. The last 150 odd pages of Fall of Hyperion is the best SF i've ever read, full stop.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Erm that's by Dan Simmons for anyone who, like me, was amazed that people can tell you to go out and read a book without giving you the authors name. Do your bookshops list books by title lads?

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The bookshop I work in lists em by title tongue.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Do you burn people at the stake and make wicker baskets too?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

funny you should mention it.....

Advertisement