Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alternative Solution to giving my girlfriend my jammer!!

Options
  • 02-11-2004 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

I have insurance of €2200 on a 1996 Honda.. am on provisional with crap all experience.. wasnt meant to be doing my test this week but thats another thread!! Dont get me ranting again!!

The girlfriend who has a full licence is selling her jammer.. I was wondering if there is anyway I could get her to have a policy on my car with me as named driver.. for both of us it would be €1400..

But I reckon I would need to register my car in her name.. is this my only option or is there any way I could keep the car registered in my name!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

You dont need to change the owner of the car, im in a similar arrangment. just get her to put you down as a name driver. Fill in the details as normal saying you are the owner but she is the main driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I think you'd have to get it registered in her name, but I could be wrong. When I first got insurance that's how I did it. My wife bought a car in her name although she couldn't drive. I went as named driver and saved about a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Hashslinging,

who are you insured by?? I have just emailed Quinn Direct to see what they have to say about it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

sun alliance, through insure.ie. Dont mention my name they might think im a junkie or something.

Advertisement