Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florida recounts begin before most of US goes to polls.

Options
  • 02-11-2004 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭

About 13,000 ballots were removed from an early-voting site in Daytona Beach, Fla., Monday and rushed to a secure vault in Deland after an optical scan machine failed, according to Local 6 News.

Local 6 News has learned that a memory card, on the machine failed and all 13,000 votes must be recounted.

Video

13,000 Ballots Rushed From Voting Site; Must Be Recounted
    Download RealPlayer

A computer error is to blame for the failure of the memory card which records the voting data, Local 6 News reported.

When the error was discovered Monday, representatives from both parties were notified.

Both sides then witnessed the removal of the ballots and their storage in the vault.

The canvassing board will meet Monday to discuss how to recount the ballots.

Election officials said that the discovery will not compromise the count, according to Local 6 News.

:rolleyes: Starting kinda early, ain't it? At least let the rest of them catch up before you try anything...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

:rolleyes: Starting kinda early, ain't it? At least let the rest of them catch up before you try anything...
    Once again, The Onion seems to be increasingly accurate in it's predictions. article_thumb3000.jpg. I don't think there can be a close final result being declared without weeks in the courts. The genie was let out of the bottle in 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I have also read this on the Michael Moore site:
    http://www.michaelmoore.com/electionwatch/state.php?state=FL
    But have been unable to find any other sites carrying anything similar?!?! It's not that I don't trust what is being said but I'd like to see some verification somewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I've seen those reports during the day alright, but mostly from Drudge, so I was also waiting for confirmation ;)

However, this sounds like the very reason we didn't bother with the evoting system here, rather than a conspiracy or any kind...

Advertisement