Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

eek, did I get caught speeding?

Options
  • 02-11-2004 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

The other morning I was driving along Ballyroan road when I noticed a Garda with a speed gun at the pedestrian lights halfway up the road. He had his bike parked beside him.

I was doing 35ish (maybe a little more, maybe a little less – it was 7:45am and I was a bit sleepy) So my question is... is there a chance I could get a couple of points or would he have stopped me? Given that it was just a motorcycle fella with a camera I would have though that he needs to get me to pull over so that he can issue a ticket?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

He needs to pull you over, its the Van that sends you the points, your in the clear, careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Thanks for that Nuttzz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭viking

Same thing happened to me on the Bank Holiday weekend and I was a wee bit worried.

Can the handheld radar guns take pictures?

V

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I believe that some of them can. The camera is connected to a suitcase box often placed beside the garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yea some scanners can take photos

• Advertisement
Advertisement