Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

gg :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

there was some late controversy with a last minute entrant at 9.05, just after waylander left.

Personally I think it's a little sad that DeV has to resort to paying people not to turn up for heats to get to a final :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Hey, any way you can get it buddy :p
    (didnt hear YOU complaining!)

DeV.

not at all, remind me to give you my share of the bribe fee for the lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

You should reschedule this heat as an act of fairness and generosity to those who couldn't make an appearance. Technically 4 people turned up last night, in the freeroll a guy asked if we were boards people and if the BSOP was being played, but it was after 9 at that stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Dev sent me an account of what happened and I am inclined to suggest that the heat be re-run. Technically the three should of started and placed out stacks for the late players until the end of the 3rd level.

Hyzepher

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm ok with what is ruled but I think the 4 that did show should replay. Frankly I went to a good deal of trouble to sort things out so I could get there yesterday to play. I dont see why people who didnt bother their barnys to get there should be given a second bite at the cherry. Undoubtedly I'll be accused of bias in my own favour but anyone who didnt make it and didnt post or call to say they couldnt shouldnt be allowed in the replay imho.

Also, there is no f*ckin' way I was going to leave a Freeroll where I am at second last table to sit there looking at 2 other people and 8 stacks while we fulfil some technicality. If there were 4 of us then fair enough. But not so 3 of us can push chips around until 2 levels have passed after giving the others an extra half hour in the first place.

3 people turned up and identified themselves. One turned up and idenified himself 37 minutes late only when he was knocked out of the Freeroll. Exactly why should this be replayed at all come to think of it? Should we replay the final where the lads didnt realise that it was being played upstairs? I dont think anyone suggested that....

DeV.

I'm inclined to disagree, but then I don't make or enforce the rules.

My argument for what it's worth is this.

Marq, Karl, Henbane & Dapper all posted in advance that they wouldn't be able to make it. Gerire didn't post at all in relation to the heat, unlike him so I presume he's away or something.

That left myself, DeV, Waylander and delenec8 in the heat, 3 of us(actually it turns out 4 of us) were in the fitz at the right time. The only reason that delenec8 enquired about the heat was because he was knocked out of a tournie, what if he hadn't been knocked out until 10 or later? (I'm not having a go at anyone btw, just outlining what I see as the facts) He had been there since 6, and was sitting beside boards players while they were discussing the BSOP and what would happen and didn't mention anything..

It's difficult for us all to make time for these heats, and anyone with family commitments knows how hard it is to get away. I don't think it should be replayed, and I'm not sure whether I not I could get time to replay it. Whether I was involved or not that would be my stance.

In saying that I'll abide by the tournaments directors decision whatever that may be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'll agree with the two lads, I'll play again if that is what Hyzepher wants, but I really do not see why we should. It was arranged for 8.30, 3 of us were there. You can't tell me you really expected 3 of us to sit in at a table in the Fitz, blinding away six other players for 1&1/2 till we could remove those stacks, so the three of us could qualify for the final.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have actually re-read the account of last night - somehow didn't see the bit where the late guy was playing in the freeroll - well that's what you get from just reading the punch-line.

The heat will stand with DeV, Iago & Waylander going through.

Going to make the prize fund huge this month ;)

Hyzepher

• Advertisement

you 3 guys should DEFINITELY get into the final. no need to hold the heat again when it was clearly arranged and people didn't show for various reasons.

apologies again, i appreciate the work in booking the place etc. and would have turned up if at all possible. i know ringing 30 mins before the start is as good as a no-show.

see yiz tonight at the biz league.

I got your message Karl, thanks for taking the time to ring. (I got it as I was leaving! :) )

Hyzepher, it was even funnier then that as myself and Luke were talking accross the table about how there could be some unknown bloke wandering about looking for the Boards game. We figured he'd ask Brendan and almost anyone in the club would point at me at the first mention of Boards. We talked about the situation openly for a good 10 minutes before yer man (delanc8?) got knocked out and got up and said "I'm supposed to be playing in some Boards game now!" He was sitting right next to Luke!
    The looks on our faces must have been priceless... I'd still have played then but that Waylander had buggered off!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I reckon rerunning it would be a little unfair on the players who did actually turn up. Making time for one heat is tough enough at times (I couldn't at all this weekend) making time for two would be fairly harsh when the effort has already been made once.

sorry mr. moderator. couldn't be more off-topic but phantom fm just got a radio licence! :)

Sweet!

1-0 to Phantom FM!

They have a forum here you know. Boy, thats about the most non-sequitaring post I've EVER seen on Boards hahahah

DeV.

Heat 3 was also held in the fitz last night. Afaik I was the only one to turn up and therefore I am automatically playing in the final this month (with 3 stacks).

You could use the help alright.

DapperGent wrote:
    You could use the help alright.
    how many BSOP points have you? OT: We've turned foxy to the way of the Southern Comfort and ice.

I can't remember, but that's him fúcked so.

• Advertisement

This thread is more derailed then a british train to plymouth.

http://www.flamehq.com/displayimage.php?album=21&pos=4

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement