Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Agency Slut - good or bad idea

• 02-11-2004 12:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭

Hey
    Looking for a job at the moment with pretty fruitless efforts. Just wondering is it a good idea to apply to loads of recruitment agencies or to stick with just one and hope for the best, or avoid them at all costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Avoid them at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

go to as many as possible and check with www.irishjobs.com Best way to get the job you want. I went to agencies and got a great new job within days. Loads of walking around and getting appointments with them but it is worth it!! Remember it is your future!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

recruitment agencies are only as good as you make them.

if they cant get you a job in the first week, they tend to get bored, and wont really do you any help.
    you really need to plug away at them.

there is a list of agencies and job sites in one of the sticky threads above.
    take a look at them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

silvo wrote:
    Hey
    Looking for a job at the moment with pretty fruitless efforts. Just wondering is it a good idea to apply to loads of recruitment agencies or to stick with just one and hope for the best, or avoid them at all costs.

Just apply to agency jobs that you're 100% perfect for. Your wasting your time otherwise. But if you can avoid agencies, do at all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

If at all possible i would try and avoid recruitment agencies,they claim to have your best interests at heart but in reality they are only thinking of making their comission,all my jobs bar 1 including my present one have come from recruitment agencies,its unfortunate that they are the easiest option but they have fcuked me around in the past,one time i was temping,and had 2 months to go on my contract and when it was finished i obviously didnt wanna be out of work so i told the agency this and they assured me they would definetly get me something,as time went on nothing and when i finally finished the temp job they still didnt get me anything despite me repeatedly ringing them sometimes on a daily basis,after that i didnt hear from them for another 3 months by which time id found another job (took me 6 weeks as well,Celtic Tiger my ass :mad: ) i was so annoyed i told your woman to fcuk off,so Hays Accountancy Personnel thanks for nothing... :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement