Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Psycho

Options
  • 11-08-1999 12:22am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever read this book which I believe is banned in Ireland?
    Very disturbing stuff. Possibly the most violent book I have ever read. The satire on Yuppies of the eighties is pointed but the extreme violence and hate for women is incredible. Strengthen your stomach before you read it.

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It isnt banned in Ireland Muso. I read it and found it to be gratuitously violent claptrap, and the attempts at satire were irritating and patronising.

Can't win em all I guess smile.gif mind you I also thought Less Than Zero (also by Brett Easton Ellis) was crap, so there's obviously something about his style that really gets on my tits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

I read it and loved it, what's wrong with gratuitous violence? Mind you I would'nt touch the rest of his stuff with a ****ty stick.

shank@quake.ie
    news.quake.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nothing wrong with a bit of the old ultra-violence, I agree, but that book stank nonetheless.

Advertisement