Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia Keyboard in WinXP

• 02-11-2004 1:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭

I just upgraded to WinXp pro from Win2k. Now my Microsoft Mulitmedia Keyboard volume keys act funny.

I can use any other media key and they work fine, but when I press volume up or down, the volume popup will appear, but the green line won't budge more than one box meaning I can't change the volume even though the key is working.

I uninstalled the old drivers and tried the 2.2 ones and still had the problem. I then cleared every driver for it and tried the newer 5.2 drivers which work better, but only move the volume by two blocks in either direction (there are about 20 blocks)

Anyone have any idea whats up. It's definatly something to do with WinXP. I've tried everything I could think of.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nuadha

This post is not going to help at all, but I'm using WinXP Pro and the volume works fine for me using the 2.2 drivers and the version 5 drivers (I don't think I've the newest of the new, and can't check as I'm not at my own comp right now). I'm using a clean-installed version of XP though, so that probably helps.

Advertisement