Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so how many do you have??

Options
  • 02-11-2004 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

just wondering how many of us on boards.ie have mini me's he's or she's. i have a four year old girl.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Miner

1 boy and he's 4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

1 boy - 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

a boy of 12 and a girl of 6... two scalds who will publically call me the scald.. :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Have two little Furps a boy of 14 months and a girl of 3 weeks.

Myself and my wife are running on tea and coffee with the mostly sleepless nights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I have a 11.5yr old daughter (preteen mode verging on teenager at the moment - the joys!) and I have a 2 yr old son.

Furp - 14mth old and 3 weeks - I can imagine the sleepless nights. Sleep deprevation is the worst part when they are younger. My son was every 1-2 hrs for the first 7 weeks. I was like a zombie going around. Luckily he went from one extreme to another and slept through the night (well 12 - 6:30ish) when he got to around 2 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

lol - with you there Furp......

Daughter 3 1/2 years
    Son 17 months
    & Daughter 4 days......

:eek: Coffee is great :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

Congratulations to all parents esp to the ones with new borns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tonysoprano

I got a 3.5yo boy.

Andip wrote:
    lol - with you there Furp......

Daughter 3 1/2 years
    Son 17 months
    & Daughter 4 days......

:eek: Coffee is great :eek:

Haoly Jaysus......

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

One little gangster. 15 month old boy. :D

• Advertisement

Congrats Andip on the new daughter - 4 days old - hope Mammy and baby are doing ok and of course the big sis and bro ;) .

Great to see that there are other parents here. What are you getting your kids for xmas.

My daughter obviously don't believe anymore but wants a tv/video/dvd combo for her room, some silver jewellery, cd's, dvd's, clothes and a some surprises. My little boy is obsessed by trains and adores Thomas the Tank Engine - had a major tantrum trying to get him out of ELC last week as he was playing with the big Thomas train set. Will def get him My First Thomas set and of course the usual books, mega blocks and some Barney and Bob the Builder toys and am considering getting him a kitchen if I can find one that doesn't look girly. Can't wait now - kids really do make xmas so much more special and exciting :)

my daughter cant make up her mind at all its so cute first it was barbie castles and barbies now is one of those electric bikes and of course hair stuff play make up and dvds

climaxer wrote:
    Great to see that there are other parents here. What are you getting your kids for xmas.

We might get away without getting anything for another year :D:D:D The GPs will get plenty for him anyways.

Yours sincerely,
    scrooge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks Climaxer....its a busy house, but fun 24*7 :D All doing very well

Going on past experience with my young'ens, I think I'll just wrap up some empty boxes !, the toys always get discarded first thing & the boxes provide for hours of amusement.....long live kids imagination

you have ta get the gangsta something

yeah I'll second Cajun_tiger and say you have to get "The Gangster" something. But do agree with you Andip that sometimes they get more enjoyment out of the boxes. Also glad you're all doing well and the new baby is settling in.

Cajun - I know I had the Barbie phase for a few years, then it was the dreaded Bratz. A great present my daughter got at your daughers age was Baby Born and her pram. I know they are expensive but she loved them and still has them. Changing their mind - one year I had all my daugher's stuff got and in the attic. We watched the Toy Show and she completely changed her mind. Luckily I had the receipts and changed them. The things you'd do for your kids...it was worth it xmas morning though when I saw her face and she was saying Wow every five minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

We have 4 of the little money guzzlers in total,

A boy aged 15 who dropped my laptop yesterday and broke it , a true test for any parent. {he is still alive}. Daughters aged 14 and 12 and another son aged 9. I wouldn't be without any of them.

from being a doll lover myself as a child and keeping them all perfect (i was a very srange kid,she has a new baby born and about 9 other zaphe creation dolls barbies to boot brats and all.... but my mother did the (sarasum) "smart thing" and gave her all the dolls at once!!!! about 2 years ago

strange-ness of me!http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=196805

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

In keeping with the tradition that nothing should be simple with dahamsta, I have several portions of children. My 13yo son Gavan was adopted when he was a baby, so I don't get to see him; although we do email occasionally and talked on the phone for the first time on his 13th birthday. Kelvyn's my 8yo son, who I see every Friday and stays with me every second weekend, and I'm sorry, but is way cooler than all of your kids put together. :) And Cara's my Not Daughter, Kelvyn's sister, who stays with me occasionally and is just as big a smart-arse as her mother. But a dote nonetheless.

I guess someday I might have "normal" kids, but it wouldn't be half as much fun!

adam

The Muppet wrote:
    We have 4 of the little money guzzlers in total,

A boy aged 15 who dropped my laptop yesterday and broke it , a true test for any parent. {he is still alive}. Daughters aged 14 and 12 and another son aged 9. I wouldn't be without any of them.

Phew I'd say the hormones are flying in your house. They really do test you to the limit. Hardest job in the world yet the most rewarding :)

• Advertisement

you have ta get the gangsta something

Of course we will. Was kidding. Got him sfa last year tho. he was only 7 months.
    They do love boxes.

Got him a smiths catologue last weekend. He had a great time going thru it:eek:

He loves dogs and cows. i might get him one. ;)

Or more likely a Lassie/Beethovan video.

Yeah my fella loves catalogues. He has quite a collection at this stage.
    Although he does now point at every single item in it and say

"SANTI !?!?!?!?"

i feel that pets are a bad thing unless its a gold fish that you can "FIX"
    got my little girl a cat not so long ago and the little s!!t ran away tears for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I have two little young'uns. Daughter aged 3 and daughter aged 4. Don't get much sleep either but who needs it. Definitely worth the sleepless nights. They say the funniest things. We're moving house and I asked the eldest what she thought about it. She had a think and said "I don't want to move cause there's no toliet paper in the new house" How practical is that? They also always criticise my wife driving. Self preservation I think. ;-)

narommy wrote:
    Of course we will. Was kidding. Got him sfa last year tho. he was only 7 months.
    They do love boxes.

i know ppl that do that they dont by the babys pressys i dont think its nice

cajun girl you were wild but sure we all were. I kept things perfect too but all my beloved toys I gave to my cousins and they never gave them back to me. Would love my dolls house back and my little blue piano :( .

dahamsta - sorry to hear you don't see your eldest son - it must be very hard for you. I could only imagine what its like. Its still not too late to get some sort of relationship. Kelvyn may be cool but I'm sorry my two can't be beaten ;) - aren't your own kids just the best - we are biased I guess. As for Cara - well most girls are like that - cheeky. My daughter is completely different to my son personality wise. From my experience girls are a lot more bratty than boys - boys are wild but wouldn't be intentionally naughty. My son is a big softie and his Dad gives out to me for Mothering him too much.

Narommy - the Smyths catalogue is the best. Much cheaper than Argos and better variety. I remember when my daugher was around 3 or 4 and I said to put a circle around what she might like Santa to get her. She had the whole bloody catalogue in circles.

ding wrote:
    I have two little young'uns. Daughter aged 3 and daughter aged 4. Don't get much sleep either but who needs it. Definitely worth the sleepless nights. They say the funniest things. We're moving house and I asked the eldest what she thought about it. She had a think and said "I don't want to move cause there's no toliet paper in the new house" How practical is that? They also always criticise my wife driving. Self preservation I think. ;-)

Aww thats so cute - they have a sixth sense too - when my daughter was younger and if I was fed up - I'd never show it on the outside not to worry her but somehow she'd know and say you're eyes are sad and give me a big kiss. :)

Narommy - when my son was your age ie 1.5 I got him a beads on a wire toy in Smyths for only €4.99 and he still likes to play with it. They are like mini versions you see in banks. Great if you're travelling. The mega blocks are a success at that age too. They have fire engine's which is filled with mega blocks in Smyths for €29.99 and my little fella got it for his 2nd birthday - well worth it - he loves it. Some great books in there too - the touch and sound ones. I am worse than the kids when we go to smyths. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

climaxer wrote:
    Phew I'd say the hormones are flying in your house. They really do test you to the limit. Hardest job in the world yet the most rewarding :)

Tell me about it. I usually take the cowards way out and try blend into the quitest corner I can find and let my other half deal with all hormonal related issues.

Ding wrote:
    We're moving house and I asked the eldest what she thought about it. She had a think and said "I don't want to move cause there's no toliet paper in the new house" How practical is that? They also always criticise my wife driving. Self preservation I think. ;-)

They sure do. I remember asking one of mine how they had got on in school that day. She told me that the teachers Daddy had been in to talk to them. After further investigation it turned out the Parish Priest had visited the class and the teacher addressed him as Father

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

climaxer wrote:
    dahamsta - sorry to hear you don't see your eldest son - it must be very hard for you. I could only imagine what its like. Its still not too late to get some sort of relationship.
    Sounds heartless but it's not as hard as it probably should be climaxer. I only met him once for an hour or so when he was a few months old, and I stayed out of his mother's way for most of his life so I didn't see the pictures and letters his adoptive parents sent her. It can be difficult around his birthday when presents have to be organised and stuff, but that's more down to his mothers (understandable) obsession that my own particular brand of lunacy.

His adoptive parents seem to be great too, they've been as open and honest with him as they could, and they've let us communicate with him to a degree; which is incredibly brave of them. On balance I don't really have many regrets, I think he's probably a lot better off with his adoptive parents. The same cannot be said of his mother, but again, that's understandable.

It's looking like we'll get to meet him in a few years anyway, so that'll be cool, if not weird. Although that said when I talked to him on the phone a while back we were nattering away like two old women for the bones of an hour, so I can't see it being that difficult. It'll be cool to spend some time with him then, so I hope that's what he'll want.
    Kelvyn may be cool but I'm sorry my two can't be beaten ;) - aren't your own kids just the best - we are biased I guess.
    Best thing about it for me is that I'm much better at being a dad than I ever thought I'd be. Until I met him the only kids I liked were my nieces, the rest all went into the same category as dogs: a little bit scary, and not my cup of tea. I still have trouble with them occasionally because I'm a loner by nature, but it's hard not to have fun with them. You can really cut loose your own inner child with them and not worry about what people are thinking. And my inner child wasn't that far below the surface before they came along!
    As for Cara - well most girls are like that - cheeky. My daughter is completely different to my son personality wise. From my experience girls are a lot more bratty than boys - boys are wild but wouldn't be intentionally naughty. My son is a big softie and his Dad gives out to me for Mothering him too much.
    That's always the way though, the boys lean towards the mammy and the girls towards the daddy. Kelvyn's a right mummy's boy, probably even more so because his, uh, other dad wasn't very affectionate with him after he found out he didn't have a hand in the baking, if you'll pardon the expression. Which is what creates trouble for me too: she knows I'm not her dad, so she's pushes harder to see what she can get away with. And of course she reminds me far too much of her mother, another girl I tended to let get away with things. :)

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

I have 2, 11 and 3 quarters, and 9 year old. Both girls. They dont know what they want for christmas aagghh. My friend has 3 boys and had them in the local smyths store the other day the youngest 6year old went around the shop saying " I want that, that, that, and that and I really want that." His Mammy said but what is it and he said, and I quote, " I dont know what it is I just want it" ;)

Advertisement