Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so how many do you have??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I have 1, 10 yr old girl and I am sorry she totally pwned all your kids :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Girl? bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭josh40

I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter, so I know nothing and am good for nothing at the moment ... unless there is a bill to be paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter, so I know nothing and am good for nothing at the moment ... unless there is a bill to be paid!

Lol. I think that happens through marriage not having children. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

Well I have 3 - two sons, one nearly 17 and one 14, and my daughter who is 8 going on 25.....
    A testosterone charged home! I get a pang sometimes when I look at my eldest, all big and hairy legged, scratchy top lip where he has to shave every few days, and long to have just one day when he could be 4 again, all squishy and adorable :(
    My 14 yr old is getting gangly, and tall, constantly checking out his pubes to see if there is any more than last month!He is a bit concerned about his sparse underarm hair....
    And then the diva, who had a fit in the shoe shop last week-end when I refused to buy a pair of boots with HEELS.Why do they make childrens shoes with high heels? Dress up is fine, but to wear out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The clothes available in shops for young girls (and I mean like, 10) actually scares me.
    Thank god I'll never have one (I have 4 brothers, no sisters. My dad's mum had 4 boys)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Kelly 5
    Daniel 4
    Chloe 2
    Lee 3 months
    Fun fun fun fun

Must get the L into me nick sometime soon :)

kdjac

I know :o
    I mean I wouldn't make my daughter wear old fashioned peter pan collars, but I don't want her to look like a trollop, or a mini adult. She is a little girl, and not for long enough either - I wonder why parents let their young daughters go out wearing cropped tops showing their bellies, and high heels.And this is girls aged from 7 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

Bessacadia wrote:
    Well I have 3 - two sons, one nearly 17 and one 14, and my daughter who is 8 going on 25.....
    A testosterone charged home! I get a pang sometimes when I look at my eldest, all big and hairy legged, scratchy top lip where he has to shave every few days, and long to have just one day when he could be 4 again, all squishy and adorable :(
    My 14 yr old is getting gangly, and tall, constantly checking out his pubes to see if there is any more than last month!He is a bit concerned about his sparse underarm hair....
    And then the diva, who had a fit in the shoe shop last week-end when I refused to buy a pair of boots with HEELS.Why do they make childrens shoes with high heels? Dress up is fine, but to wear out?

I agree on the clothes for the young girls - my 11yr old is unreal - the things she wants me to buy her are crazy. At the moment I just try and compromise. Re the skirts and boots. She's allowed the knee high boots but not with the high heel. She's allowed the skirt but has to wear tights (preferably black). Its tough though as these sexy slutty clothes are everywhere for young girls and preteens. I really don't think they should be manufactured in the first place. Dont' get me started on the t-shirts with slogans. Its a bit of a catch 22 sometimes. Last year my daughter went to a "kids" xmas party. She wanted the miniskirt/knee boots combo but I made her wear jeans and a top. She was the only girl there in jeans :eek: Some of the girls were dressed disgracefully imo - don't know how their Mams and Dads let them out.

Bessacadia - LOL at your son checking for new pubes. My daughters already asking me can she shave her legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KdjaC wrote:
    Kelly 5
    Daniel 4
    Chloe 2
    Lee 3 months
    Fun fun fun fun

kdjac
    OMG

The mystery solved!
    I can call off the comittee.

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Kelly 5
    Daniel 4
    Chloe 2
    Lee 3 months
    Fun fun fun fun

kdjac

Wow you nearly have a countdown going there! Lovely names btw :cool:

climaxer wrote:
    Its tough though as these sexy slutty clothes are everywhere for young girls and preteens. I really don't think they should be manufactured in the first place. Dont' get me started on the t-shirts with slogans.
    Bessacadia - LOL at your son checking for new pubes. My daughters already asking me can she shave her legs!

True, true. I have seen little jeans, age 4-5 with *SEXY* in glitter on the bum, and those aren't the worst things I've seen! Just unbelievable.

These girls are made too aware, too early.My daughter said to me last night that I should consider a face lift, as I am getting *crinkly* eyes!Too much discovery channel, methinks.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John Q

There was thinking that these boards were full of bloody Students, when actually Its full of Mammys as well. I don't have any kids and judging by some of the comments here I don't think I'm missing too much. Hope you all have great fun playing Santa this year

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

John Q wrote:
    There was thinking that these boards were full of bloody Students, when actually Its full of Mammys as well. I don't have any kids and judging by some of the comments here I don't think I'm missing too much. Hope you all have great fun playing Santa this year
    Is there a point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

I've two little trogs, both boys - almost 6 and almost 4 (22 months between them), wouldn't be without them for the world, but they do push you to the edge of sanity at times. :eek: And for Christmas we are getting an assortment of battle implements and pirates and knights and lego. I've tried and tried to go down the non-violent toys route but the little buggers made guns out of lego, my brushes, sticks.......so we've had proximity talks and agreed to decommision the homemade weapons in favour of swords and not getting guns - which I canjust live with.

Why are boys so bloodthirsty? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

ArthurDent wrote:

Why are boys so bloodthirsty? :confused:

God knows? I've 3 of them - 13, 11 and 6 - and they make weapons out of everything! If they are not using weapons in the garden they are shooting up the world on the PS2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SweetAngora

I have an 8 year old boy (going on 48!) who has so far written three letters to Santa and I suspect a fourth will be pencilled this evening as we went to a motocross event and the virtues of scrambler bikes were extoled last night!! Mind you as a motorcycle nut myself I don't have a problem with that..........except for the cost!! So I guess he'll have to make do with superbikes on playstation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

well all i can say is ahhh!!!
    to the parents out there with more than one was the second a good idea?
    was it alot more stress, money wise aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

well all i can say is ahhh!!!
    to the parents out there with more than one was the second a good idea?
    was it alot more stress, money wise aswell?

Yes is the answer to all three of those questions . We had three under the age of three at one stage and at the time it took its toll stresswise as undisturbed sleep and time to ourselves was a very scarce commodity.

Looking back it may not have been as bad if we had left a few years gap between them but we made the concious decision to have our family while we were young and have our time togeather after they were reared.

Those 3 are now teenagers and all things considered I think we made the right decision for us. As you already know babies cost a lot of money but if you still have the hardware from the first the initial outlay is not as much for the second child.

Over all I do think its a good idea to have more than one child but only you and your partner know if you can cope financially and emotionally with another baby.

BTW Now for the bad news babies cost a fraction of what teenagers do but I won't get started on that today being sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I have 1 boy - Daragh. He's 5 years old. Apple of my eye and he beats all yours hand's down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Ba_barbaraAnne

Sleipnir wrote:
    The clothes available in shops for young girls (and I mean like, 10) actually scares me.
    Thank god I'll never have one (I have 4 brothers, no sisters. My dad's mum had 4 boys)

That's no guarantee you'll only have boys yourself! I've no brothers, only one uncle, but had nothing but boys myself. Just take what you get and be thankful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

John Q wrote:

I have to say I do tend to forget that boards has a parenting page but have noticed of late a few more ladies and parents out there so its nice to know your all representing and not in rollercoaster or magicmum style!!!

I have 2 littleuns', 41/2 year (going on 14!) girl and a 2 1/2 year old boy, who are great alltough both home sick today smothered with colds! Have to say I'm kinda surprised at the people out there that have kids that asnwered, some of you's I didnt expect at all!

Am an only child myself and always wanted to have brother/sister for my 1st born so thank god he arrived as great company for each other! Having said that I dont know if i'd be able for 3 ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

1 little boy, 23 months and growing fast.
    just figured out how to pilot a little car, so ramming into feet is now delibrate :-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

my son
    alex. 7 months old on christmas! woohoo! its amazing.
    split with the mother 3 weeks ago.
    but my self and alex are getting on amazing!
    here's a pic of him!
    Image003.jpg

my son
    alex. 7 months old on christmas! woohoo! its amazing.
    split with the mother 3 weeks ago.
    but my self and alex are getting on amazing!
    here's a pic of him!
    Image003.jpg

Aww hes so cute. Glad to hear you're getting on ok. YOu'll be grand don't worry. Are you still singing "where oh where oh where is shadow" ;)

climaxer wrote:
    Aww hes so cute. Glad to hear you're getting on ok. YOu'll be grand don't worry. Are you still singing "where oh where oh where is shadow" ;)

ahh jesus! its u! i didnt catch ur boards name... as u refused to give it!
    lol. alex still loves that!

how u gettin on anyways?

I'm great :) - love the sig. Might steal you're idea and put my two babas there! You should set up a babies on line account - its free and you can create a website for Alex and upload pictures and keep a record of when he walks, talks, gets first tooth etc. Ideal for bragging parents like us!

You can see my little fella's on www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/cian

Cian has outgrown Bear now and is currently obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine so you can guess what Santa will be bringing him.

jesus... alex loves thomas the tank engine aswell... anything with noises and moving things with flashing lights!
    u shud ave seen his response to the christmas tree! ill upload a few pic's in a while. and ill make that account on babies on line.

Looking forward to seeing the pics - its great because when you're working and miss them you can have a peep at their little faces. Better go - or I'll be sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

10 and a half month son - Odhrán

who waves like hilter.. :eek:

Advertisement