Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hideous ford focus!

Options
  • 02-11-2004 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

saw a absolutely terrifying orange focus last weekend. with a full on bodykit and them silly clusters all over the place.

bloody hell.

if anyone sees this in north kerry...............

why anyone spends about 3 grand on that crap is beyond me........... :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

thats not that bad, I've see much worse, how about someone got a 91 Nova with green and yellow flip paint

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

There are some dreadful things done to perfectly good vehicles, the manufacturers should sue! That or a mass shooting of bad taste max power kit fans every couple of months...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

and them silly clusters all over the place.
    in my innocence what's a cluster?

where does one go - online- to learn the lingo and possibilities - I've had a look at those links stickied above but not learned much...

saw a absolutely terrifying orange focus last weekend. with a full on bodykit and them silly clusters all over the place.

bloody hell.

There's a very tasteless 'ford fok-up' in my area...silver with lots of purple plastic add-on & of course the downlighting matches the interior & mudflaps...ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

are stupid lights all lobbed into one unit. they come in an assortment of shapes, sizes, and bad taste.

see thev latese edition of max power for more info!

the saddest ones are on opels and focus.

as for novas......the less said about them the better.

also saw a younglad with a pug 106 or somethin and getting what seemed like 16" alloys , the guy in the shop had to beat the wheel arches to pieces to make it fit.

the next day when i was finding out about tyres.......<turned out i saved a packet else where>, he was back again....seemed like he had an inch too big.

why cant they just accept they got 1.1 litre cars etc and live a normal life....until they can afford a nice motor.!

like a vauxhall monaro.

voom voom!! :D

• Advertisement

why so many hatchback done up tho? why not coupe!!!

personally I never bother with hatchback!

They just cant do that!!!!

I've seen a 206 with 18"s on it, the poor thing can hardly move

heres me with 17"s on a 2ltr

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

StRiKeR wrote:
    why so many hatchback done up tho? why not coupe!!!

personally I never bother with hatchback!
    Cost I presume. Coupés are often much more expensive to buy and insure.

but when you add up all the money they waste on a 1ltr hatchback, they might as well get a coupe

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

"nah man - ih wudden luk as deadly"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Saw a Saxo with Channel Tunnel pipes at opposite sides of the car and body-coloured rear lamps yesterday, I nearly wet meself. I'm bringing my camera with me in future, starting a gallery.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭decbuck

its plain but nice!

anyone like this?

I miss my little 2 seaters

Ouch my eyes! Like th CRX coupé but WTF is up with the colour???!!!

I know, been told many time, thats the way it came! I meant the color!

was gonna change the color but didnt bother!

gotta get another 2 seater hard top at some stage and next time I wont get green :D

Am thinkin of going for one of those at the mo' myself...do like them & they seem to be rare enough in this country...plent up north though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

bloody hell.

I think I saw it.. around the Listowel road in tralee a few weeks ago.
    nearly crashed because of it. :D:D
    Felt like going up to the clown and roaring
    "YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'VE BEEN TANGO'ED !!"

make sure you get the VTi UK Spec or SiR model if its jap tho, the VXi is rubbish, for some reason they are so slow compare to the 1.6 Twin Cam Vtec! I had a MX3 V6 which was very very slow compare to the 1.6 VTi, but still passes the VXi Del Sol no problem, but then I got the VTi model and that ate the MX3 V6 like a bullet!

will someone take a pic of this focus you all talking about here? I like to see, seems like its funny looking by the sound of it!

StRiKeR wrote:
    make sure you get the VTi UK Spec or SiR model if its jap tho, the VXi is rubbish, for some reason they are so slow compare to the 1.6 Twin Cam Vtec! I had a MX3 V6 which was very very slow compare to the 1.6 VTi, but still passes the VXi Del Sol no problem, but then I got the VTi model and that ate the MX3 V6 like a bullet!

will someone take a pic of this focus you all talking about here? I like to see, seems like its funny looking by the sound of it!

MX3 eh? Was also considering one of those, someone on here suggested it was too girly...what they like generally?

very smooth, thats if you get the V6, dont know about the 1.5 inline 4 tho!

not that girly, you can make it looks very cool! surely look better than the focus :D

its not too hard to get the power out of them either but hard to get the parts you need!

import them mostly! I just didnt bother! takes too long to get everything together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I think I saw it.. around the Listowel road in tralee a few weeks ago.
    nearly crashed because of it.
    Felt like going up to the clown and roaring
    "YOU KNOW WHEN YOU'VE BEEN TANGO'ED !!"

thaTS the one.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, someone drive into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

StRiKeR wrote:
    I've seen a 206 with 18"s on it, the poor thing can hardly move

LOL, not enough torque to start rolling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

I worked with this bloke who the most souped up yaris in history, he used to lovingly describe it as 'champagne' until one of the girls in the office walked in and asked who owned the pink yaris.

by the look on his face it was the end of his love affair!

lol

thats worse than my green crx heh heh :D

atleast the CRX was made to be a sports car!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

decbuck wrote:
    oh i love it!!!!!! focus' have to be one of the nicest cars imo!!!

clairey wrote:
    oh i love it!!!!!! focus' have to be one of the nicest cars imo!!!

Shoulda gone to spec-savers... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

that orange focus is american, and afaik its a stock colour scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

StRiKeR wrote:
    lol

thats worse than my green crx heh heh :D

atleast the CRX was made to be a sports car!
    Are they not just a coupe'd civic?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭clairey

De Hipster wrote:
    Shoulda gone to spec-savers... ;)
    lol but no in all serious i love em!! mayb im biased cuz my lil babys a focus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

bloody hell.

Whilst orange wouldn't be to my taste on most cars, if the person driving it likes it then big deal.

What do you drive yourself?

Farlz

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Are they not just a coupe'd civic?

you could look at it that way until 1993 model of the CRX came out and the 1992 model of the Civic Coupe came out.CRX mark 3 was made as a 2 seaters only convertible sports car!

they seemed to have tried to move the CRX away a bit from the civic class, even tho the chassis is still base on the hatchback civic, they made it a convertible! and alot lower than the coupe, theres many different things in it too, ie. short gear shifter, interior layout same as all other 2 seaters, stiffer suspensions, front strut is standard for all model for the MK3 CRX! but same engine ofcoz as the Civic VTi except in a much smaller chassis! but heavier! due to the covertible design re-inforcement of the chassis adds weight, and the electric roof also adds weight! but the one with a manual roof is much lighter!

when you get in it, you know its not like a civic, but with the same power a VTi civic has if you have the VTi model! the rest are just waste of time and money, too slow!

Advertisement