Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CAD Plotting .PLT dwgs

• 02-11-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Was wondering if there are any experts on plotting .plt drawings here. We have two sep PC with plotters on the LPT1, one number HP designjet 450C and a HP designjet 800,
    the drawings we recived on a disk will not print properly, i think that we'd have to have the same set up as the guys who generated the plot files in the first place, however we mailed sent them to hackets and thy printed em just fine ( cost €390), but their plotter was €250,000.00 so we're not that stuck yet, the guys at the other end (who sent em) are kinda the clieint and could not give a toss if they print or not , he was a bit of a dick really, anyhow,
    http://members.lycos.nl/goplot/
    tried this site and got some plotting utilities, they are good , saves us having to print through the windows dos prompt, but the output is the same
    essentially we have jumbled up drawings, if anyone can confirm what i think is the case , i.e that a plot file required the same printer as the one on the machine used to created the plot files in the first place????

Thanks lads.

Stoner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

if you want to send me a SMALL file, we have a hp5500 here and a HP 750c i can have a lash and see if they come out here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

What do you mean when you say won't print properly, does it produce an error or are there entities missing? never really used plt files but if you let us know what the error here is i know a guy who knows everthing about autocad ( he said it not me ) so this might test him.

Also what cad program u usin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks lads,

I think I have it sorted, + the cleint is sending out a hard copy, so obviously we were not "the one ones who cant do it" the files were mixed up like as if portrait and landscape were mixed up but worse lol, no error message, we also got a viewing application to look at and print plt files on the site, just after my last post, so we set the default printer to pdf and printed em to it , then we could open them up, e mail em off etc and attempt to scale them, its all a load of bull really, why they cant just give the .dwg files these days is a joke, between unscallable pdfs and .plt files and nobody seems to really know what they are at, we're all lost, LOL

Thanks again for the offers of help, that's a great site though if you have a spare min,

Oh and we were using auto cad lt 2002 with the DJ450C and full ACAD 2002 on the DJ800

Stoner

Advertisement