Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Animated film are you most looking forward to? (Trailers included)

• 02-11-2004 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

It seems over the last couple of months, there's been a load of animated films in the pipeline.

So, which of these are you most looking forward to, and which are you not?

The links to the trailers of each are below:

The Incredibles
    Madagascar
    Robots
    The Polar Express
    Chicken Little

I myself am most looking forward to 'The Incredibles' (director / writer Brad Bird worked on the first 6 or so seasons of 'The Simpsons') and reviews of it have all been great!

Out of all of them, i'm not too sure about the Robert Zemeckis directed 'The Polar Express'. While in a different league from the others looking more like a fantasy film than all the other's typical comedy / adventure storylines, it just looks a little drab.

Which one are you most looking forward to? 27 votes

The Incredibles
    0% 0 votes
    Madagascar
    81% 22 votes
    Robots
    11% 3 votes
    The Polar Express
    7% 2 votes
    Chicken Little
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i have a hard time, having the same respect for 3d animation in films rather than 2d, myself, 2d just imo is a lot more inventive and unique these days. As for what im most looking forward to, gotta be 'howls moving castle' the new film from studio ghibli.

as for the above films, i'll probably go see most of them, even though 'the incredibles' and 'madagascar' are the only ones im probably looking forward to seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Incredibles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The Incredibles

the trailer made me laugh my ass off when i was supposed to be working. got a strange look off my boss too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I can't wait for The Incredibles... looks extremely good.

I saw a trailer for Madagascar last night... Ben Stiller and the Schwimmer eejit really annoy me to death... I'd rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than suffer a movie with BOTH of those guys in it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Juggalo

The one I'm really lookin forward to that you didn't mention is Spongebob Square Pants the movie. The trailer is classic. Out of the ones listed the incredibles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,325 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Madagscar and The Incredibles.....robots looks like it could be a laugh. Polar Express looks damn horrid :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm looking farward to the new film from Miyazaki, Howl's Moving Castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Out of that bunch I'd go with The Incredibles. Pixar always produce quality stuff... And Brad Bird also did The Iron Giant, which is one of my favourite animated movies

But the animated movie I'm really looking forward to is Katsuhiro Ôtomo's new film 'Steamboy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

But the animated movie I'm really looking forward to is Katsuhiro Ôtomo's new film 'Steamboy'

ooh oooh, i forgot about steamboy :D looking forward to checking that out too

great to see the ghibli love from you karl :D +rep for ye both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

basquille wrote:
    Out of all of them, i'm not too sure about the Robert Zemeckis directed 'The Polar Express'. While in a different league from the others looking more like a fantasy film than all the other's typical comedy / adventure storylines, it just looks a little drab.
    Well, when you have one of the dullest actors on the planet playing no less than '6' characters you certainly are in for one drab film...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

ff72-23.jpg

Hopefully this will make up for the first FF movie, especially for fans of the FFVII game.

Official Japanese site Here

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

Hopefully this will make up for the first FF movie, especially for fans of the FFVII game.

Official Japanese site Here

Yah! Definately looking forward to this more than any other film at the moment.

Thye "first" Final Fantasy film really was not Final Fantasy at all. It was a good(ish) film, if you change the title.

Wont make it to the cinemas though and they didn't even wanna have english subtitles. Guess we'll have to wait and see! Trailers look fantastic though.

Advertisement