Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doug Coupland

Options
  • 24-11-1999 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Any Coupland fans out there?
    GenerationX, Shampoo Planet, Polaroids From The Dead, Lara's Book, Life After God, Girlfriend In A Coma?
    What are the favourite Coupland books of you good people?
    Andy, you here to reply for me?
    Get this ptopic off the ground.
    Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Microserfs should be required reading at birth....

But Couplands best is Girlfriend in a coma.

Shampoo Planet didnt hold my attention thought sad.gif

Maybe I just have a short attention spa... HEY LOOK A BUTTERFLY!

El

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 25-11-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Microserfs will be a great movie, but as Girlfriend In A Coma eclipses it, so too would that movie. It just has so much potential in the hands of the right man. If Doug Liman and Davaid Finkcher got together to make that book into a movie- I don't know what might happen.
    Shampoo Planet wasnt so good. But I think we may have been too young to appreciate it. I'm trying to get a copy so we can re-read it andy. As for polaroids- what better way to spend a weekend than watching the a-team and browsing thru those stories!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

what kind of books? sci-fi, humour, present day satire, commentaries? What?

Advertisement