Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA PS2 game

Options
  • 02-11-2004 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

I heard a while back that the Sony or someone were bringing out a Gaelic football game, any now when or if for that matter?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

You didn't happen to hear this on April 1st did you?

I can't see it happening, the cost of developing such a game and considering the fact you could hope to sell a few thousand copies (assuming it is good) would just go against any logical attempt to justify its creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No, it was legit. Sony announced some time back that they plan to make a GAA game, basing it on the engine for the successful Aussie Rule game. Nothing since then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I heard it aswell it was goin to us the australian rules engine, maybe the gaa didn't want their game played on a foreign console, we'll just ahve to wait for an Irish Console to come out " The Leprauchan Once you've bought it you'll be wishin you hadn't"

It'd probably sell a few copies in america, the game not the console

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

I think it will be the worst sports game since Curling '96 but however.....

Gaelic Football 2005

For the first time ever exclusively on the PlayStation®2, take to the field in this fully licensed GAA Gaelic Football challenge. Experience the skill and excitement of one of the world’s oldest games as you battle for victory with your favourite County teams.

Kick it over the crossbar for Kerry, or score a goal in the net for Dublin. Whoever you support they’re all here. Hours of action packed gaming as you fight your way through to the finals!

Game Features:

* All 32 County Teams (plus London & New York) in the Latest Strips
    * Realistic On-Field Play
    * Full Match & Player Statistics
    * Stunning Croke Park & Various County Grounds
    * Live Commentary From Ireland’s Leading Gaelic Football Media Personalities
    * League, Provincial & All Ireland Championships
    * Real Time Lighting & Shadows on Players
    * Gaelic & English Languages
    * Decals (Mud, Bandages) Appearing On Players Throughout The Match
    * Superb 3D Graphics & Motion Capture Animations

Coming exclusively to the PlayStation®2 in Mid – 2005

Jees karlh, you should get a job with EA that was fantastic

• Advertisement

:eek: well i stand corrected. i'm shocked - do they honestly expect it to sell, i mean fifa doesn't even sell that well stateside...and football (soccer) is quite popular over there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i remember there was a bit of uproar cause the GPA were supposed to be doing their own game with an irish software developer

Actually Karlh do you want to come and work on my new console " the Lep " We could have " grand theft auto Atha Cliath" and extreme camogie as the launch games.

you can do all the publicity for it.

Anyone else have any good ideas for a couple of irish games we could put on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

House of the Skangers.
    JoyRiding Pro 2005.
    Need for Speed, Crumlin.
    True Crime - Limerick.

Chronicles of O'Riddick: Escape from Mountjoy
    Doom 4 - Dunsink Lane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i had an aussie rules gamne on the amstrad 464. true story. it was crap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Actually I think I heard that the game was being developed in Dublin for Sony but they got fed up of the bunch of feck arses that were making it and started production of the game in Australia....could make sense seeing as though it would have Aussie Rules game engine.

Another possible feature could be the long puck..like a home run derby in a baseball game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

I have the aussies rules game and I find it very difficult to do stuff like catching and kicking accurately cos you have to time it perfectly.

I bought it for the similarity to gaelic which I love and although I do watch the aussie rules, I would only have a cursory knowledge of the teams.

I think that the fact that people would be familiar with certain indiviual GAA teams would be seller (as it is with FIFA) over here. Although I hear that specific player names will not be used.

on a similar subject..when and what channel shows aussie rules here in ireland. used to watch it on sky sports but since i've moved home i don't have sky anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

on a similar subject..when and what channel shows aussie rules here in ireland. used to watch it on sky sports but since i've moved home i don't have sky anymore.

TG4 shows it on a Saturday morning but the season has just ended so it won't be on for a while.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

EA Bog Soccer 2005™- that's all we need....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I heard that an early version of the game was on display at the recent esat young scientist of the year award thingy. was anyone there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I was talking to a GAA player about it a few years ago and he was asked if his name could be used and he said no, so I'd say your right about no names

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cHilliSheep

Gaelic Football 2005

For the first time ever exclusively on the PlayStation®2, take to the field in this fully licensed GAA Gaelic Football challenge. Experience the skill and excitement of one of the world’s oldest games as you battle for victory with your favourite County teams.

Kick it over the crossbar for Kerry, or score a goal in the net for Dublin. Whoever you support they’re all here. Hours of action packed gaming as you fight your way through to the finals!

Game Features:

* All 32 County Teams (plus London & New York) in the Latest Strips
    * Realistic On-Field Play
    * Full Match & Player Statistics
    * Stunning Croke Park & Various County Grounds
    * Live Commentary From Ireland’s Leading Gaelic Football Media Personalities
    * League, Provincial & All Ireland Championships
    * Real Time Lighting & Shadows on Players
    * Gaelic & English Languages
    * Decals (Mud, Bandages) Appearing On Players Throughout The Match
    * Superb 3D Graphics & Motion Capture Animations

Coming exclusively to the PlayStation®2 in Mid – 2005

- http://www.irgurus.com/GAMES_cont.htm#GaelicFootball2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Velcrow

GAA - San Andreas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

GAA - Undergroung

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I can hear the Americans now: "Hey, we should ban this gay lick game"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

from irgurus.com

Gaelic Football 2005

Game Features:

All 32 County Teams (plus London & New York) in the Latest Strips
    Realistic On-Field Play
    Full Match & Player Statistics
    Stunning Croke Park & Various County Grounds
    Live Commentary From Ireland’s Leading Gaelic Football Media Personalities
    League, Provincial & All Ireland Championships
    Real Time Lighting & Shadows on Players
    Gaelic & English Languages
    Decals (Mud, Bandages) Appearing On Players Throughout The Match
    Superb 3D Graphics & Motion Capture Animations
    Coming exclusively to the PlayStation®2 in Mid – 2005 [says may on the site]

i havent got a PS2 but im a big fan of GAA....might "persuade" me to buy one... :D

no screenshots yet [actually, there are, not sure what to think-look at the website], but the game is based on an aussie rules engine, some screenshots below...PE_Shot3.jpg
    PeScreens.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i suppose a hurling one is next?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The problem seems to be that one company has rights to make the game and another has the rights to the players.

I met a few of the Waterford heads and tha screen shots abouve were down by WIT students a s a project. I didnt have alot of faith in the Waterford lot after a short chat. No real games experience and very cocky in all the wrong ways. Then again I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Is it just me, or do all the players in the above screenshots look a bit, for want of a better word, "dainty"? Look at the way the kicker in the 2nd shot is holding his arms. I hope the developers know it's pronounced "GAAH" and not "GAY" ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭GospelGroupie

Any idea when the Gaelic Football game for the PS2 is due out? It was being developed by some Australian software house with the GAA and built on the same game-engine as some Aussie Rules games.
    When will it be on our shelves?
    It's the only reason I bought this PS2.....

Advertisement