Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever used freehost.ie?

Options
  • 02-11-2004 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

hey, has anyone used freehost.ie?

whats the catch?
    i'm making a small website for a small shop and so i need a small hosting plan.
    the smallest one that they have on freehost.ie ideal.

the business has its domain already so whats invloved in this transfer process so i can get free hosting?

its only a basic html website and the owner does not want any email access as its not necessary.

any info appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Im guessing the catch is the price of the domain transferral and renewal, 35 yoyos for a .com address?? hello?

When I last checked it was 7.99 on registerfly for a domain...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

deevey wrote:
    Im guessing the catch is the price of the domain transferral and renewal, 35 yoyos for a .com address?? hello?

When I last checked it was 7.99 on registerfly for a domain...
    Freehost.ie give you free hosting in return for which you pay a marginally higher price for the domain name.
    What's the problem with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Freehost have been around for some time, good honest host. What you see is what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I use freehost - have had no problems - good customer service too.

Good value, all in all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Originally posted by blacknight
    What's the problem with that?

nothing wrong with it, but he asked what the catch was and i pointed it out, they make their money on the transferrals and sales ... so no such thing as a totally free lunch

... yes it does seem reasonanble though even with this taken into consideration.

Steve

• Advertisement
Advertisement