Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting a new company

Options
  • 02-11-2004 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

Im new to the board, and Im looking into starting a business selling imported electronic goods (laptops, DVDs, TVs, etc.) over the internet. I intend to start off on eBay, and maybe grow from there if demand warrants it.

Ive sold a couple of small things on eBay, so Im fairly comfortable in how that works. My real problem is that Im clueless when it comes to what Im legally required to do to make the company fully above board. Also, Im not too sure about the revenue implications of importing goods.

I'd be extremely grateful if somebody could give me some advise, or can point me in the direction of finding it. :)

Cheers,
    Docj.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

You will have to pay tax on the goods you import, have a look at www.revenue.ie what you really need to look at is the warranties of the goods you are seeling, who covers them, what happen if there is a fault, what will it cost you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Angel28

Hi!
    The revenue office are very helpful with information regarding importing goods-alot of the info is on www.revenue.ie if what you are looking for is not there they will reply to an email if (you don't want to be on the phone all day). Also you might need to register the company name about which you can get information and forms etc at www.cro.ie
    Hope this helps!! Good Luck with the new venture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 docj

Thanks for the replies guys,

The info was just what I was looking for!

Cheers,
    Doc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Get an accountant or business advisor. They should be able to help you starting from scratch eg company formation, advise on tax, prepare/audit your accounts, prepare/submit statutory returns. Well, gonna costs you money but keep you away from hassles in the future.

Advertisement