Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an ISDN box to dial through the second line...help?

Options
  • 02-11-2004 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

I've got an Eircom Plug n Play ISDN wall box thing, and at the moment it's dialing through the first line. Which means considering my IOL No Limits connection is set up for the second line, it won't access. Tried to get through to Eircom but couldn't at all. So could someone tell me if there's any way to get it to dial through the second line?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

As far as the box is concerned, it's just using the first available channel,
    it's not actually a line. ISDN doesn't really behave like that.

You SHOULD have used the primary number when you signed up,
    and it is more likely you'll have to get it changed with IOL than with eircom.

You might be able to get it to work by setting the MSN in your software
    to use the second number.
    What are you using to dial out?

Check your configuration for boxes marked either MSN or EAZ,
    and try putting the second number in there.
    It might work.

If you're just using dialup networking, you might need to add an init string
    under 'advanced'.
    It could look something like this:
    at&eYOURSECONDNUMBER, but different modems use different
    strings to set it.
    If you can't find the setting, post the model of your modem, and I'll try
    to locate it for you. It should be in the manual under set MSN/EAZ or similar.

I still think though that you'll end up having to ring IOL and have them change it :-(

Good luck,
    NiallB

Advertisement