Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

any1 got a civic esi saloon for parts?

Options
  • 02-11-2004 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

i need an exhaust unit, a full one. i can pay a resonable sum for it.

theres a formula one-ish noise from mine, the last owner totally neglected it. its also burning oil, so a b16a engine would also be nice :D

i think the exhaust is buggered, in 1st,2nd gear, when your changing up, theres a terrible loud noise...... its not too bad when your cruisin thou.

any help?

am in munster

also need a drivers wing mirror, some *** knocked mine off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭StRiKeR

going for twin cam b16a, good choice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

of course, why not. its apparently quiet easy to lob into a d16yz bay?

the torque isnt much of an improvement. its 125bhp vs 160 bhp unless someone knows better?

anyone got an exhaust?

170bhp from the flywheel, you have the EG model I presume, that be the B16A2 you be fitting in! you have more torgue as well, the single cam wouldnt pull as much as the twin cam does! chip the ECU to modify the vtec point and fuel air mixture get you more torgue as well!

is it original exhaust you after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

hi mate

anything that has no holes......you know where i can get one?

pointers appreciated.

ezza

i need a whole exhaust id say, mine is pretty all buggered

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

The civic exhaust seem to vary a bit, i have an 93 lsi and got a middle section of an exhaust off a scrap yard recently but it turns out to be the wrong part, i'll be going back to them this Friday. I should have got the shorter middle section one which has the cat attached underneath (some of the civic's have the cat very close to the engine). Which section are you looking for? The back box\middle pipe\or closer to the engine.
    The Scrapper i'm going to has a good few civic's and is located on the Dublin\Galway road between Kilcock and Enfield.

• Advertisement

is yours an import? theres a different between import and european spec, the center pipes are shorter on the imports for some reason, same on the integra, the 94 models are all imports but theres uk spec and they have the same issue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

StRiKeR wrote:
    is yours an import? theres a different between import and european spec, the center pipes are shorter on the imports for some reason, same on the integra, the 94 models are all imports but theres uk spec and they have the same issue!

UK model spec integra ?

r u referring to Type R (which was the only Uk integra)from 1997 -01

from 98 on all integras are Type R, but 94 to 97 DC2 model integra comes in 1.8 Vtec which has the B18C engine and the Type R has B18C5 red top engines! there are so many different models of integra between 94 to 97, very confusing, but alot of the parts are inter changable if you know what you're doing! and that is between all honda's!

Advertisement