Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jacques Lu Cont(Les Rythmes Digitales) This Thursday

• 02-11-2004 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

backlash_logo.gif
    BACKLASH // Jacques Lu Cont
    Wax, Beside Powerscourt House. Adm. 15eu

Just a reminder about this Thursdays Backlash with very special guest Jacques Lu Cont(Les Rythmes Digitales/Thin White Duke/Paper Faces).

This is Jacques first gig anywhere since his world tour with Madonna and he's planning something very special for his Backlash set, with a set up comprising of two decks and three Pioneer CDJ-1000's this is really shaping up to be an unmissable performance.

A very limited number of tickets will be available on the door so to be sure of getting in tickets are available in advance from Carbon Records in Urban Outfitters.

Also look out for free mix Backlash mix cds on the night.

For BACKLASH updates by text & e-mail please subscribe via our website, you can find it here: www.backlash.ie or alternatively mail media@backlash.ie

Forthcoming:
    BACKLASH IS #1 // Thursday 25th November

Our very first birthday party with residents playing the tunes that have rocked the club over the last year. Its our birthday but we've got a present for you, free copies of BACKLASH IS #1, each resident has picked a couple of tunes and its mixed by X*rox Sound System who also be joining us to play a special live set.

www.backlash.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Oh sh*t I'd love to go to this as LRD are one of my favourites - Darkdancer is a classic album. And I loved his remix of Cassius' Feeling For You.

But I can't make it tomorrow night - anyone else going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Id love to go, but im working and wax is 150 miles away! Ive been there a few times and its always great, Erol Alkan was just mental both times, also the residents are great too, Probably the best thursday night in Ireland at the moment.

Any plans to drag yourselves to Galway, The 110th ST crowd would dig it.........
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

will be there with bells on, shall be a ball, thank god friday is a no brain day!!

Eoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

I will be there, should be great. Friday is no work day for me :D . And I never remember Erol Alkan playing at Backlash???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭weak infant

urban outfitters say sold out. they say queueue early on the doors to get tickets maybe.

• Advertisement

And I never remember Erol Alkan playing at Backlash???

ye, he played there earlier this year, not too sure of exact dates i think it was the end of may?, but it was defo backlash as i got a free CD from them, He got fairly wasted and stood on the decks table and knocked the plug out! he also handed out free beers and vodka, such a legend!

Sean

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

How much I would have loved to go to this last night :(
    But going into work on wednesday and thursday hungover and doing not a tap.. couldnt' do it for friday either
    So how did the night go? :)

ye, he played there earlier this year, not too sure of exact dates i think it was the end of may?, but it was defo backlash as i got a free CD from them, He got fairly wasted and stood on the decks table and knocked the plug out! he also handed out free beers and vodka, such a legend!

Sean
    It wasnt at Backlash, it was in Crawdaddy.

It was a great night Lenny, had the place going mental. From the start he totally upped the tempo and went on from there. Played all his LRD tracks, and a good few of his remixes too, finishing with Silver Screen :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

crawdadyy, thats in the pod now is it?

It wasnt at Backlash, it was in Crawdaddy.

It was a great night Lenny, had the place going mental. From the start he totally upped the tempo and went on from there. Played all his LRD tracks, and a good few of his remixes too, finishing with Silver Screen :D

/me cries and wishes he was there!

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote:
    crawdadyy, thats in the pod now is it?

Yeah.

JLC.jpg
    JLC2.jpg
    It wasnt at Backlash, it was in Crawdaddy

Oh yeah, thats where im on about........ Was fairly wasted!

Here are a few pics from last night that a (very hungover) mate took. He said it was nuts.

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭eoin_f

was a fantastic night, danced my little size 12 socks off

/me cries even more

He's going to be on Annie on One (BBC Radio 1) this Thursday from 9 with a mini-mix.

Hmm, anyone be around to save that mix to mp3? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭BACKLASH

Thanks to all that came down for Jacques Lu Cont,
    and sorry to those that didn't get in, we weren't expecting that
    many people to turn up.

He really enjoyed and we'll hopefully have him back soon.

This Thursday we have Philth(who supported Jacques on the night)
    + Jon Averill & Romo

BACKLASH
    Every Thursday at Wax.
    Electro, House & Dancefloor Rock
    www.backlash.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kato

Cloud wrote:
    He's going to be on Annie on One (BBC Radio 1) this Thursday from 9 with a mini-mix.

Where did you hear this? Is he deffo on? Can find nothing bout it anywheres...

Advertisement