Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nemesis" - Bill Napier [warning: opinion]

Options
  • 07-12-1999 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Yet another book by this title, outshines Asimovs effort - just about. I've never read the non-sf books "Nemesis" so can't compare on that score although one of them is a Ms Marple one from good ol' Agatha herself.

Arthur C says on the cover "the most exciting book I've ever read". While I love ACCs books I wouldn't say that it is the most exciting, but it is pretty good.

Nemesis is an asteroid turned from its orbit onto a collision course with, where else, the US of A. The plot is pretty good with a nice twist along the way.

Napier obviously comes from a scientific background and his habit of cutting off just when something obvious is going to happen is quite annoying until you get used to it. He really knows his stuff regarding astronomy which helps. Set in present-day btw.

It's ~450 pages, 6 quid softback and I'd say well worth it. Give it 8/10 or so (despite main char being English smile.gif ).

Al.

Advertisement