Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For nightowls watching US election

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

what time does boards go down at?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The votes are just not moving. There is going to be one big bang later on tonight when they have finished counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

usually goes down at 3 04 am :D

went down when i was replying to you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's about eight "too close to call" states at this stage, it's getting messy. They (ITV I think) reckoned that those electoral votes added up to more than either of the candidates!

(Heh, I just flicked through EuroNews by mistake and "This Last Is Our Land" was on, followed by the Diebold flash animation where yerman couldn't vote for Kerry. So funny seeing them on the telly.)

adam

Why does it have to go down for so long, a bit of a pain. 196 -112 to Bush BBC. In the next ~hour we will find out the winner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bush leads Ohio!

51.5% to 47.9%

BBC.

LOL he's been leading ohio for a couple of hours now iirc ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Why does it have to go down for so long, a bit of a pain. 196 -112 to Bush BBC. In the next ~hour we will find out the winner.
    hope your right, i'm bolloxed

so do I i can get back to spamming the other boards... :D

arent elections so exciting though!!! Nevada polls are now closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

Why are they trying to delay the counting of the absentee votes

They are always the last votes to be counted the state of oregon is mail in only. so they all have to be gathered up first

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

BBC - Pennsylvannia, Kerry doing well in suburbs as well as cities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

unkel wrote:
    LOL he's been leading ohio for a couple of hours now iirc ;)

Glad I could amuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

bah just woke up to go to the bathroom :p

looks like bush is gonna win after all...
    the american "people" have spoken.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Glad I could amuse...

Not the same as making me happy though...

I've a bad feeling about Ohio, counting too slow for me, off to bed now (might pray in my dreams)

on the west coast california poles still open for 30 mins, we might be in for a surprise for the first time ever the young 18-25 have registered and are voting in unprecedented #'s so we might be in for a very pleasent surprise.

unkel wrote:

I've a bad feeling about Ohio, counting too slow for me, off to bed now (might pray in my dreams)

100,000 votes seoerate the two of 'em now.

52.3 vs 47.2 in favour of Bush.

:(

38 percent of precints have repoted

51 percent George bush
    48 percent kerry

electoral votes

bush 193
    kerry 112

scource BBC five live

ABC: Ohio, Florida Pennsylvania not enough info to call. New Hampshire 48% in the count is 50/50

nutkase wrote:
    on the west coast california poles still open for 30 mins, we might be in for a surprise for the first time ever the young 18-25 have registered and are voting in unprecedented #'s so we might be in for a very pleasent surprise.
    No that's not a surprise, that's expected. Cali is pretty much a certain blue state as is the rest of the west coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

nite nite lads just can't stay with it!! will check it out 'n the morning b4 college ;)

Florida will be called soon 86 percent of the votes in.

• Advertisement

my man nader is on giving a speech that there is no way the american people are going tolerate what is going on with impunity. he is talking about the future. ah well lets put on the rose coloured glasses :(

Too close; the winner won't be picked tonight there are going to be legal challenges it may take DAYS. 193 - 112 to Bush BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

I think Florida is in the bag for Bush, and Pennsylvania for Kerry. Which means a lot depends on Ohio. The MORI guy on ITV seems to think it'll go to Kerry, but the actual votes counted so far favour Bush slightly.

If Kerry gets Pennsylvania and Ohio but Bush gets Florida Kerry's got his work cut out. Exit polls seem to be under-estimating Bush vote at the moment, and then there's the absentee ballots.

At this stage I fear a Bush victory :eek: Hope it looks better in the morning.

reality tv: we are looking at about a week, absentees law suits, and recounts in close states

200,000 votes separate the two candidates in florida, but Dade county and Broward county have to vote.

hopefully the cock up last time around promped the african american communities to vote for kerry.

Nevada is one to watch too Bush wants to build a nuclear waste dump in nevada where as kerry plans to scrap that idea.

Queues of 300 people are still at the polling station in the university of Miami. they have been waiting 6 hours to vote source BBC five lives

On NNNNNOOOOOO some of the commentors are saying it could end in a dead heat 269 - 269 It will be civil war :eek: Two armies of lawyers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=198211

meat is not my friend anymore :mad:

Kerry leads Iowa (a key battleground state) with 11% of precincts reporting, 51.6/47.1.

• Advertisement

Networks in the US are beginning to call Pensylvania for kerry BBC

Advertisement