Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For nightowls watching US election

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's only a 100,000 in it though, and it's been that way for a good while now. Do they have many absentee ballots there? There was supposed to be at least a hundred thousand of them in Florida, if it's the same in Ohio it could go the same way as 2000. Again, assuming the other States go the way they've been projected. Are they? New Mexico's looking increasingly likely to go to Bush -- Electoral-Vote.com had that as a weak Kerry state.

Yes, I did go to bed. Honest.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

dahamsta wrote:
    There was supposed to be at least a hundred thousand of them in Florida, if it's the same in Ohio it could go the same way as 2000.
    Hopefully it doesn't get conceded as quick this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

It is looking good for Bush to be re-elected, and I know all who put €€€ on his nose have their fingers crossed!

Odds on betfair.co.uk going for 20/1 for Democrats to take Ohio ;)

<edit>

and 34/1 for democrats to win overall...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

p.pete wrote:
    Hopefully it doesn't get conceded as quick this time...
    No chance of that the dems are going to push this as far as they can, it's over though they lost. 92% in and Bush has 50.8% and Kerry 48.8% he can't make that ground up :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

from Cnn.com
    Broken machines and a delay in opening absentee ballots will delay Iowa reporting its final count in the presidential election, state election officials said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

California 53 electoral college votes is going to go to Kerry and as i stated on a different thread the propositions which is the grass roots stuff you never get to hear about stem cell research will be available to save lives. what a kick in the ping pong balls of mr. bush and his holy biddies it is awsome. this is the first time that young people have bothered getting off thier apathetic asses and voting it used to be just the old man who had nothing to do but make sure the hired help mowed his lawn. People linning up for 2-3 hours to get in and vote i have not seen the likes of it before.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

At least Obama kicked ass, a small victory in an otherwise bad day.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13244966,00.html

At least Obama kicked ass, a small victory in an otherwise bad day.
    Yes he is a possible prez candidate and I think he will do well.

John edwards statement

Its been a long night but weve waited four years for this victory...

kerry and I made a promise... every vote would count and every vote would be counted....

Tonight we are keeping our word and every vote will be counted thank you.

John edwards addresing supporters in boston.

• Advertisement

Just been announce there are 175,000 provisional votes in Ohio ... BBC

Hawaii has been called for John Kerry ...BBC

CNN Bush 249 kerry 242

Ohio is 97% finished and Bush is ahead by 50.9% to 48.6% When it reaches 98% it will be over officially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

NBC (MSNBC) projects President Bush wins Ohio, but Kerry's camp says he will win when all votes are counted.

Bush - 269
    Kerry - 211

Regarding absentee and provisional ballots:

I haven't heard anything about the absentee voting numbers in Ohio beyond the tantalizing news earlier this week that there are 20,000 people registered to vote in Ohio that also live in Florida.

There are about 150,000 provisional ballots in Ohio to be counted according to an Ohio state election official. Other estimates include the numbers to be 106,000 to 175,000 provisional ballots remaining to be counted. The Kerry camp says there are 250,000 provisional ballots.

Provisional ballots are handed to people that show up to vote that indicate they are registered voters, but these same people are not on the voters rolls and need to be verified. There are specific rules about voting in Ohio in this manner.

A provisional ballot in Ohio allows a board of elections to hold the ballot for 10 days while officials investigate whether the voter is eligible to vote and whether they've attempted to vote more than once. A ballot also may not be counted if the voter showed up to cast a provisional ballot outside his assigned precinct.

Things could get interesting if Bush actually wins Ohio. Kerry will want to recount the provisional votes if he thinks they can make enough gains to affect the outcome if the voting is close enough.

ABC News (USA - http://abcnews.go.com/ ) now indicates electoral votes as
    Bush - 249
    Kerry - 225

NBC (MSNBC) projects President Bush wins Ohio, but Kerry's camp says he will win when all votes are counted.

Bush - 269
    Kerry - 211

<clipped>

ABC News (USA - http://abcnews.go.com/ ) now indicates electoral votes as
    Bush - 249
    Kerry - 225
    BBC shows the same as ABC - how has NBC managed to make so many Kerry points dissapear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭athena 2000

Good point. Lack of update on their web site it seems. I'm watching ABC News Live and moving between CNN, MSNBC, and ABC on the web.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Oh NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush 269
    Kerry 242

sharkman wrote:
    Oh NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush 269
    Kerry 242
    I take it Ohio has fallen :(

where pete
    where did you get that number

more than likely fox they were quoting numbers like that a while a go

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

sharkman wrote:
    Oh NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bush 269
    Kerry 242

I'm with Edwards on this. Wait until it is all over. Depending on what channel your watching the score is different all over.

• Advertisement

NBC calls ohio for bush

where pete
    where did you get that number
    :confused: I got it from Sharkman in the post above mine - and then I posed the question was the new figure on account of Ohio.

have some more coffee

haha now i see it soz

only fox and nbc seem to have called ohio.

if it is 269 and kerry wins everything else it will go to congress for a deciding vote. Bush's party have control of congress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

Went to bed at around 2:30, then only to find when I got up that Bush looks like the clear winner now.
    oh boohoo

:( <-- we are going to have to give this little yellow fella time and a half

he's been working hard today

I see Sky news are saying Hawaii is going to Kerry.
    That was supposed to be bagged for Bush wasn't it?

Hawaii was always a democrat state, there were doubts cast over it for the first time this year.

Hawaii was always a democrat state, there were doubts cast over it for the first time this year.
    Thinks that's because they decided to send Dick out there yesterday or the day before - they thought a little attention would do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Morning! :) It look bad for Kerry but its not actually in the bag for Bush either.

Still voting in Ohio! :eek: With paper ballots!

Mike.

• Advertisement

didnt do the republicans much good though, Hawaii went to the democrats.

Advertisement