Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For nightowls watching US election

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

p.pete wrote:
    So basicly democrats would need roughly 75% of the total absentee ballot. Probably not too likely if either a) the Democrats were also blocking voters or b) any sizeable amount of the blocks are upheld.

I never said it would be easy, I just said it was possible :D

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

flogen wrote:
    I never said it would be easy, I just said it was possible :D

flogen
    Might be more likely that Michael Moore uncovers massive voting fraud on the diebold machines in Florida....

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Might be more likely that Michael Moore uncovers massive voting fraud on the diebold machines in Florida....

To be honest I'm expecting many conspiracy theories no matter what happens in the next few hours/days/weeks. The way Florida was won so easily was a surprise, but I'm not going to even begin to claim fraud because I dont know.

My scepticism tells me that any claims of fraud by the dems will be ignored, and any claims of fraud by the republicans will be studied carefully. Why? Well the republicans are likely to hold both houses of congress, meaning they will block any possible fraud claims from the dems. If Kerry wins the houses will do what they can to break him down.

(I just heard an anti war movement in Ireland are going to picket outside the US embassy tomorrow against the re-election of Bush... muppets! I dont want to see him win, but if it happens it happens, you can't try and protest against the will of the American people... unless they can prove the result was not the will of the American people)

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

flogen wrote:
    (I just heard an anti war movement in Ireland are going to picket outside the US embassy tomorrow against the re-election of Bush... muppets! I dont want to see him win, but if it happens it happens, you can't try and protest against the will of the American people... unless they can prove the result was not the will of the American people)

Agree totally. Feel the same about a lot of the bile being spewed on some of the threads on the Politics board.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Agree totally. Feel the same about a lot of the bile being spewed on some of the threads on the Politics board.

Same here. Think I'll give politics a miss for a few days.

• Advertisement

Same here. Think I'll give politics a miss for a few days.

I dont have that luxury... I have my politics class on Thursday!! :D

BBC state that Bush now has a lead of around 130,000 votes in Ohio... thats made it tighter by around 10 - 20,000 votes. Lets hope this keeps up :D

/edit BBC also state that there are around 140,000 provisional ballots still to be counted, meaning Kerry would need to get 95% of them or so. Word is he's due to concede some time today. :(

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

100% counted in Ohio Bush: 51% Kerry: 48.5%, he never really had a chance :confused:

Advertisement