Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything to stop you moving from free trial to free trial?

• 02-11-2004 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hello
    Anyone know if it's possible to move from one free trial to another - eg from esat bt to eircom, or any of the others. I have had the esat bt trial for almost 3 months now. The problem I can see is that since my phone line is with eircom, they know that I have a free trial with esat bt, so if I request one with eircom as well they might start asking questions. however, if I went from esat bt to perlico (say) presumably that would be possible, since perlico don't know about esat bt.

In my case I need to do this as I am only in ireland for another 3 months max, so I can't sign up for a 12 month contract.

anyone had any experiences of this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

eircom control the trials so they know once you've had a trial with utv or iol so you can't get another one off any of these three companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Cremo wrote:
    eircom control the trials so they know once you've had a trial with utv or iol so you can't get another one off any of these three companies
    You guys are mixing up "free trials" and "wholesale rebates".

Eircom wholesale are offering a wholesale rebate to resellers for every brand new customer who signs up. Resellers are offering free trials to customers. There's nothing preventing a reseller offering any customer a free trial, even if they've had DSL before. The Reseller just won't get another rebate from eircmo wholesale for that customer, but it's entirely a marketing decision by the reseller whether or not they want to offer you the free trial.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

DOn't be so scabby and just stat to pay for the BB after the trial if you like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 smythwj

thanks guys, so the short answer seems to be - no you can't have another free trial, probably not even with perlico

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

smythwj wrote:
    thanks guys, so the short answer seems to be - no you can't have another free trial, probably not even with perlico
    Huh? The answer is that any ISP can give you a free trial if they want to. Lots of people have reported getting a second free trial.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 smythwj

it's not a question of saving the money - it's a case of only being here for another 2-3 months so don't want to sign up for 12 months, that's the problem

Advertisement