Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Box Office

Options
  • 02-11-2004 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Hi. Just wondering if anybody else has ever used dvdboxoffice for ordering games from. I ordered Tales of Symphonia (NTSC) from them and they posted it on Sep 16th. Still haven't received it :rolleyes:. Anybody else have similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yes...

Man, I hope I don't have to wait that long. Never using this crowd again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

aye i used them twice no problems, for FF XI for xmas last year and then earlier this year for the strategy guide

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Ordered FFXI (PC) for the sis from them - took about a week to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Avoid dvdboxoffice.com at all costs. I ordered a box set off them, and 2 months passed and I still had not recieved it. It was coming from Canada, so thought it might take a while, but not that long. The very day I got in contact with them about it, they said 'oh, we just got that returned to us today' and they charged me $20 reshelving fee and credited me back the rest of the cost of the Boxset. They said that customs had blocked the package, but customs didn't contact me in any way, when I rang cutsoms they said they had no record of holding anything and that it wasn't their policy to send things back anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I was planning on ordering my Nintendo DS from them, but no longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Just use http://www.play.com for everything. There are fast, cheap, efficient and very very customer focused. They do books, games, DVDs, Gadgets etc.

I've been buying from these guys for years, and never had any issue with them which they didn't immediately sort out to my satisfaction. They really are the best out there.

c0y0te

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

yep, ordered a few games from them a few years ago, took months to arrive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I ordered the same game in July. I got an e-mail saying it was sent then an e-mail saying that it was back ordered. I got charged for it but still haven't received it. I'm going to ring them this week. For overseas orders they won't help you until 60 days after you order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd usually go with play.com alright but as I own an XBox and Cube I've been a bit RPG starved (the last great one to be played was Skies of Arcaida). As such I was eager to get my hands on Tales. However, it looks like it'll be out here before it ever arrives to me (if it ever arrives).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The discounted Freeloader (only €4) I ordered with Paper Mario 2 arrived today, no sign of the game. Still, it made me feel better, hopefully the game will make it here in a few days and this horrible experience can be laid to rest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement