Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Toolbar!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

*bump

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey Guys & Gals,

Hey I think Cabaal should give it a shot?:D:p;) :rolleyeswithextremelylargepixel:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

yeah.. go on Cabaal.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yossarin wrote:
    Hobbes allready made a nice firefox search thingie

Actually did a few. Think its still in my sig. If you want to make a toolbar then go for it. I'd suggest Firefox as XUL is painless to use and faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ok pondering this.

TBH a toolbar at least in firefox would be pointless. You already have the boards.ie search engine for firefox so removes that from your piccy.

PM option I could probably do up a status bar link that queries every 10 minutes (would need help from admins though). But unless you get PM's frequently I don't see a point to it. But thats just me.

The last four parts on the picture are pointless as they can be created by bookmarks. You can even link to the RSS feed (Live Bookmark) that boards.ie does and that will give you live list of active topics in the firefox bar.

What I might do is create a basic boards.ie plugin package (Searches, wiki, PMs, RSS and bookmark links and anything of note). Not guaranteeing anything though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement