Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neuroscience

Options
  • 03-11-2004 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

Anybody here doing the degree in Neuroscience or know anything about it? Any feedback would be great because I'm thinking of doing it but still am utterly conflustered by course choices...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

/me waits for John2 to boast about his new building like all those PCAMs of years gone past..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

again john2 should be able to help u out there if he ever signs in again.
    are u second year science or younger? its a lot like physiology.

you get to play with cells.

im such a great help.

kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

lol do u 2 post to everything wondering where john 2 is? ;)

speaking of john2, where is he

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

There's a new neuroscience building?

*lives up to fresher stereotype*

• Advertisement

its a mixture of neuroscience/cs and some others...... its the new one outside the front of the ham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hopefully open soon - i just cant sleep comfortably in the museum building benches :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

You know if you're agile enough crash you can climb over the sh1tty fencing in the surrounding the hamo couches and sleep there. A few mates of mine have done it before. You don't get disturbed till about 7am, its the cleaning lady and she doesn't give a toss.. You can hear her coming too (hoover)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

ApeXaviour wrote:
    You know if you're agile enough crash you can climb over the sh1tty fencing in the surrounding the hamo couches and sleep there. A few mates of mine have done it before. You don't get disturbed till about 7am, its the cleaning lady and she doesn't give a toss.. You can hear her coming too (hoover)

Who or what are those for? O and speaking of sleping on benches, you looked in bites last I saw you crash, CS taking it's tole.

hrm there are those security patrolls that are usually at 11 n 2....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Boston wrote:
    Who or what are those for? O and speaking of sleping on benches, you looked in bites last I saw you crash, CS taking it's tole.
    Its the lack of food and excess alcohol tbh - cant afford to do both.

have found lg12 most comfortable for an early morning snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Germany, I heard. DURNS just ain't the same when the Treasurer is abroad and the President is no longer considered a student....

oh yeah, i should have known that. hope the frankie thing gets sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

crash_000 wrote:
    have found lg12 most comfortable for an early morning snooze.
    hrm not familiar with this place....where be that?? its prob really obvious but those codes they have for lecture theatres etc tend to confuse me...

its a comp sci lab.... you won't be able to swipe in....

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

typical....and i could really do with some nice places to sleep around campus...

find the code to the maths lib, don't get much quieter than down there......... and cs people r always comming and going, just follow one of em in, some one of the lab has big **** off spaces between the pc's and air conditioning...now if that don't say goto sleep i dunno what does..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah, just been in Berlin for a week, you know, needed to take some time off during this hectic college year.

As regards neuroscience it's pretty cool so far. I'm in JS and this year we do neuroscience (obviously), courses in psychology, anatomy, zoology, biochemistry, statistics and other things I've forgotten. The class is small (10 people) which I like. The only thing I don't like about it so far is the psychology, the lecturers pretend they're neuroscientists but haven't even the basic grasp of the science behind what they're doing (one lecturer managed an astonishing number of errors in one lecture).

Here's a link to neuroscience homepage but there's not a huge amount of info on it. Ok, I need to go get some sleep, PM me if you want more info in less sleep deprived English.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

oh, I almost forgot

*John2 gloats at shiny new building*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vinks

again john2 should be able to help u out there if he ever signs in again.
    are u second year science or younger? its a lot like physiology.

you get to play with cells.

im such a great help.

kevin

yes the new building will be cool indeed but the network in there is non existant and most people cant move in till its all up and running

• Advertisement
Advertisement