Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run Dos Commands(eg .bat file) in Win Pocket Pc 2003SE

Options
  • 03-11-2004 2:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Does Windows PPC 2003SE have a shell command platform(Command Prompt).

I have a J2ME application that runs a batch(.bat) file which extracts the MAC address of the hotspot that my PPC is utilising. I use the command "C:\arp -a >mac.txt".

The batch file runs fine on a pc using ms-dos

Is it possible to run this batch file on a ppc without having to download "PocketDos". I feel that using "PocketDos" will slow down my application.www.pocketdos.com

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Is your program using bluetooth? There should be a bluetooth call getBluetoothAddress() from LocalDevice and RemoteDevice classes.

You can also get the max address of phones using the SDP, or for series 60 the following numbers will do it.

*#2820# = Mac address.
    *#0000# = Firmware version.
    *#06# = IMEI address.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pbarry

Im not using blue tooth. I use the wi-fi connection to communicate between client and server.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

There seem to be "APR.DLL" avaiable for WinCE 2.0

Can you use DLL files with J2ME?
    Is there any difference between PPC 2003 and WinCE2003?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

check out this link - may be of use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I am not really sure this is really the proper way to go about it. The reason I say this is that J2ME doesn't allow you to shell (afair?).

I don't know enough about the PDAs, but wouldn't they be using Personal Java and not J2ME?

• Advertisement
Advertisement