Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahh F#@%!!! Kerry's gonna LOSE!

Options
  • 03-11-2004 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭

Current Score: Bush 249 - Kerry 225
    States left to declare...
    Ohio (20) - Bush to win
    This looks like going to Bush. He's 140,000 votes ahead here. They say that there are 200,000 or so ballots left to be counted but Kerry will have to win 70% of these to give himself a chance in Ohio.

Michigan (17) - Kerry to win
    Kerry to be the clear winner here. Leads by more than 100,000 votes

Wisconsin (10) - Favouring Kerry
    Kerry only leads here by 17,000 votes. This is really too close to call. Favouring Kerry

Iowa (7) - Favouring Bush
    With 14,000 votes in the lead this looks like going to Bush.

New Mexico (5) - Bush to win
    Bush is 3% ahead of Kerry here

Nevada (5) - Bush to win
    Bush is 3% ahead of Kerry here

Projected: Bush 286 - Kerry 252

I don't see anyway back for Kerry now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

hmmmm indeed, it doesn't make nice reading at all at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Yup - looks like thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

LOL

yep looks like bush will take this one, although I think it will go to the congress as he will get 269 electoral votes.

it could all come down to the provisional votes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I was waiting for someone to bring that up ;):o:( :eek: :confused: :mad:
    Though I wasn't the only one. Nearly every Democrat was calling it for Kerry at 2:30 this morning (when I went to bed).
    And the opinion polls looked so good for Kerry.
    And we all thought that with the huge turnout would favour Kerry as well.
    But no. That ƒucken Gob****e has won again. And the crazy thing is that he has done better than last time.

:'''(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

no it was not the view I was laughing at It was the thread title

I was of the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

PH01 wrote:
    Nearly every Democrat was calling it for Kerry at 2:30 this morning (when I went to bed).
    And the opinion polls looked so good for Kerry

At 2:30 AM this morning with FL going to Bush (pretty certain, incoming results stable and % precincts already vast majority), Penn going to Kerry (nearly 70/30, not stable but gap to big) it was all hanging on Ohio

at 52-53/47-48 very stable and % precincts steadily rising only a fool would have PREDICTED a victory for Kerry. Anything could have happened for sure, but the statistics clearly indicated Bush to win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I can't believe the mirror in Harry's Bar was wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

F#@%ing brilliant.

Perhaps we should consider our own interests before trying to sort out the problems in the world. Our jobs are more secure after today's result. (And any techies out there shouuld be even more relieved)

I really don't think there would have been that much difference on foreign policy if Kerry got in. He is of jewish descent? Not like he is going to sort out Israel. The war on terror would still have o be fought. Maybe differently tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

narommy wrote:
    Our jobs are more secure after today's result. (And any techies out there shouuld be even more relieved)
    Not necessarily.
    A growing US deficit can't be good for the world, and with Bush re-elected this is projected to get worse.
    Sooner or later the Bush Admin are going to have do something about that. This might mean higher taxes and interest rates. Which will slow down economic growth.
    And a slow down in the US ecomony isn't good for anyone, including techies.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

PH01 wrote:
    Not necessarily.
    A growing US deficit can't be good for the world, and with Bush re-elected this is projected to get worse.
    Sooner or later the Bush Admin are going to have do something about that. This might mean higher taxes and interest rates. Which will slow down economic growth.
    And a slow down in the US ecomony isn't good for anyone, including techies.

Kerry would have to do something about it too??

If there is going to be a downturn so be it. But at least US companies won't be encouraged to pull out of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I stayed up most last night and my alarm at intervals to wake up as see how the voting was going. Feck it anyway all the polls were wrong.

Some gombeens on ITV news had a company who said that judging by their exit polls Kerry should have 319 electorate vote, some egg on faces their

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

narommy wrote:
    Kerry would have to do something about it too??

If there is going to be a downturn so be it. But at least US companies won't be encouraged to pull out of Ireland.

What makes you think US companies won't pull out of Ireland?

Lets say we pay an employee 100 euro in Ireland and its a US company.

In 2000 that would of costed the US company $85.

Now it costs them $127. If Bush was to follow his current trend, and lets face it I am being seriously optimistic here then this means that it will cost an $10 a year increase. So we would be looking at.

2005 - $137
    2006 - $147
    2007 - $157
    2008 - $167

So it becomes more expensive to put work here. Of course wages in Ireland vs the US are way lower, but if costs for US companies are going to go up outside of the US then it will be problems for us.

Then you have the matter of oil.

Advertisement