Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn in hell america

Options
  • 03-11-2004 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

You fking morons, how in hell could more people vote for the monkey bush again this time

Well America deserves to burn in the hell its created now, country full 51% of right wing rednecks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Gizzard wrote:
    You fking morons, how in hell could more people vote for the monkey bush again this time

Well America deserves to burn in the hell its created now, country full 51% of right wing rednecks
    Don't told back Gizzard. Tell us what you really think.

It is kind of depressing. I went to bed quite hopeful only to wake up to find the monkey man has done better than he did the last time. Seriously what is the story? Its seems like America want to return to moral values. You know good American moral values like, lying to your people an other nations so you can go to war to steal oil, killing innocent women and children in a foreign country, putting business ahead of people, doing dodgy deals with companies that you have ties to you know stuff like that.

I despair.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gizzard wrote:
    You fking morons...country full 51% of right wing rednecks

Hmm I see a moron closer to home.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well they get what they vote for, in this case it's a monkey. The majority of Americans don't care about health or employment they care about been the strongest Country with the Strongest Army and they see Bush as someone one who has the same ideals.

I just hope the soldiers in Iraq will be home in 4 years time when Bush is on his way out of the White House.

Tony Blair must be a very happy man today.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah glad, someone already posted the vitrol I felt like spewing. I wish I were surprised but... meh. I'd love to sit down with those who voted Bush and see if their reasons for re-electing the incompetent (oh sorry, incumbent) without using the phrases "terrorism" or "war in Iraq".

Having said that, I hardly want the country to burn in Hell... that's just being silly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

heh heh take that project echelon!

Stick it to 'em gizzard, and be sure to bring back some cigars from Cuba :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Gizzard wrote:

Ah now thats a bit extreme. Myself I would have preferred Kerry overall, but I'm not an American. They get to decide, not us.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

ixoy wrote:
    Ah glad, someone already posted the vitrol I felt like spewing. I wish I were surprised but... meh. I'd love to sit down with those who voted Bush and see if their reasons for re-electing the incompetent (oh sorry, incumbent) without using the phrases "terrorism" or "war in Iraq".

Having said that, I hardly want the country to burn in Hell... that's just being silly...
    No ,But perhaps some burning just on their thieving fingertips !

If I started spewin forth my feeling I may never stop . How stupid can these people be .. If you look at the split of the votes , It looks like hicksville USA voted for Bush and the more educated states voted for Kerry ..

You would have imagined thet the poorer people in the US would have realised the Bush dont give a **** about them !

No ,But perhaps some burning just on their thieving fingertips !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

SkepticOne wrote:
    Ah now thats a bit extreme. Myself I would have preferred Kerry overall, but I'm not an American. They get to decide, not us.
    I'd go along with that - apart from their foreign policy I'm happy to let the Americans have him. No doubt they won't see the errors of their ways and will lament the end of his term in four years - at least some of them will. The small minded and easily manipulated, of which I'm now more sure then ever there are plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

irish1 wrote:
    Tony Blair must be a very happy man today.

I very much doubt it. With over 75% of Britons preferring Kerry because of their objections to Bush, Blair is probably looking at any re-election hopes he had disappearing up in smoke if/when the election is called for Bush.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

ixoy wrote:
    I'd love to sit down with those who voted Bush and see if their reasons for re-electing the incompetent (oh sorry, incumbent) without using the phrases "terrorism" or "war in Iraq".

They will tell you that one reason they voted for him was because of his stance on abortion, gay marriage etc. America is a very conservative country and Bush appeals to that conservative thinking (which includes a great many Irish Catholic Americans).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

the american election is very frustrating, I just dont understand, there really is no other reason except a large number of people in USA are complete morons, Bush has the worst economic record of any president for 80 years, 1000+ american soldiers dead in a country that had nothing to do with Bin Laden, documentaries that prove this, the illegal patriot act being repealed state after state, 9/11 victums sueing bush administration for hampering the 9/11 investigation, I mean the list goes on.

Most of the world hates america as a result, and they rednecks voting bush dont seem to understand or just dont know enough that it makes any difference.

Wait and see the american economy tank slowly (china loaning usa 1billion a day, a DAY). Madness. America is the rogue state now, god help us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

This is scary, really scary. If I were to be really honest I could post a lot of very angry words right now but it's not going to make a blind bit of difference. It looks pretty much set Bush is going to get it, and I can only fear what plans he has for the next 4 years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

por wrote:
    They will tell you that one reason they voted for him was because of his stance on abortion, gay marriage etc. America is a very conservative country and Bush appeals to that conservative thinking (which includes a great many Irish Catholic Americans).
    I thought Irish-Americans favored Kerry? I'm pretty sure I saw a poll on this, not least because of the popularity of Kennedy and, lately, Clinton's work on the peace process.

You're probably right. It's Bush's fanatical (if election-wise sound) policy of letting religious mores affect his decision making that makes me hate him so. The gay marriage constitutional ammendment (passed legislatively in all 11 states where it was on the ballot) makes me particularly furious. I am not a happy camper now this morning mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

irish1 wrote:
    Well they get what they vote for, in this case it's a monkey.
    Well actually Bill Clinton is on record iirc stating that George Bush is actually quite inteligent.

The other thing to note is that quite a number of exit polls according to the networks this morning were stating family values as the reason for voting for Bush.
    Bush got a lot of the Hispanic vote in Florida aswell due to his stance on Cuba.

I note aswell that 8 or 9 states voted in referenda against Gay marriage and one to limit the benefits of gay civil unions.
    This is what you are increasingly dealing with in America, a rise of the religous right.
    Something that they may see as a counterbalance to the rise of Islamic extremism in that other part of the world.

This appears to matter to a lot of Americans nore and more, it appears to be their priority.
    They are effectively being assimilated Borg like into Dana's but with guns and a violent attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

bonkey wrote:
    I very much doubt it. With over 75% of Britons preferring Kerry because of their objections to Bush, Blair is probably looking at any re-election hopes he had disappearing up in smoke if/when the election is called for Bush.

jc

i dunno.. why would britons base their vote in the UK based on who is elected in the US? I know tony doesn't want to seem be associated with bush and all but will this election itself translate into a direct vote?

It would make SENSE i suppose if it was in backlash to the point where UK voters think Blair helps Bush win again. Personally I hate blair, I think he is a snake and I hope he goes down.

I was a firm labour supporter before the iraq war but now I want them to loose, even if it means the conservatives get in power for 4 years. They have to be taught a lesson.

Tony loosing to me would be nicer than Bush loosing since I actually plan on living in England at some point :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Those crazy American morons, eh? We could never, EVER, be as downright silly as they!

Lowry is a poll-topper - MORE THAN ONCE. Bertie and his shower elected into power on lies and broken promises - MORE THAN ONCE (and will be next time, too!). Convicted gun-runners and facists with their own private army of thugs and knee-breakers - IN GOVERNMENT SOON. Bev Cooper-Flynn - FUTURE POLL-TOPPER?

Those silly silly Americans.*

*not a fan of Bush, think he is the wrong choice, but harping on about how stupid the Americans are gets my goat, so to speak.

One good thing comes from this ...

In four years time , Hilary Clinton will be Americas First Female President ..

Well I thik he'd rather have Bush in the White House when he's running again rather than Kerry

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

today is a very sad day and the thoughts of 4 more years of this man in power makes me shudder, I'm disgusted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

They've got to be as thick as crap to be honest, I fcking despise NBC and Fox what a bunch of biased knobs . Their kids get killed in Iraq and they still flippin vote for this complete idiot. Whats wrong with the country. I am so pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This really is depressing news for the world :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Old America is still quite conservative, just like old Ireland is. Despite good indications early on, it would seem that the younger voters didn't come out in any greater numbers this time. Idiots. Younger voters can always swing an election, buty they're impossible to convince to vote, so politicians don't bother.

The US is a society driven by fear. Fear is what motivates them to do their jobs, to pay their taxes, to buy American products and to take American holidays. They are going to vote in a President that they think can defend them against their fears. GWB with his unerring stubbornness and monotonous speeches about terrorism and the evil lurking outside the US waiting to attack and kill everyone inside.

I said he would get voted in, and he probably will. Unfortunately.

/me goes to read up on John Titor and tick a few more boxes.

irish1 wrote:
    Well I thik he'd rather have Bush in the White House when he's running again rather than Kerry

He can't run again ....Thank God ..

Thats why Mrs Clinton will be guaranteed to win ..

Well actually Bill Clinton is on record iirc stating that George Bush is actually quite inteligent.

The other thing to note is that quite a number of exit polls according to the networks this morning were stating family values as the reason for voting for Bush.
    Bush got a lot of the Hispanic vote in Florida aswell due to his stance on Cuba.

I note aswell that 8 or 9 states voted in referenda against Gay marriage and one to limit the benefits of gay civil unions.
    This is what you are increasingly dealing with in America, a rise of the religous right.
    Something that they may see as a counterbalance to the rise of Islamic extremism in that other part of the world.

This appears to matter to a lot of Americans nore and more, it appears to be their priority.
    They are effectively being assimilated Borg like into Dana's but with guns and a violent attitude.

so true, this election has been largly and almost entirely influenced by relgious beliefs! So much for seperation of church and state (gay marriage bans).

if you look at the exit poll for Ohio....

and look at vote by religion...
    %ofvoters Bush Kerry

Protestant (57%) 56% 44%

Catholic (26%) 55% 44%

Jewish (1%) * n/a *

Other (6%) 26% 72%

None (10%) 29% 69%

=================================

now look at the "christian vote" in greater detail..

ARE YOU A WHITE CONSERVATIVE PROTESTANT?
    Bush Kerry

Yes (17%) 91% - 9%

No (83%) 43% - 57%

=================================

WHITE EVANGELICAL/BORN-AGAIN? BUSH
    KERRY
    TOTAL 2004 2000 2004
    Bush Kerry
    Yes (25%) 76% n/a 24%

No (75%) 43% n/a 56%

===================================

and the most convincing factor???

VOTE BY CHURCH ATTENDANCE BUSH
    KERRY
    TOTAL 2004 2000 2004
    Bush Kerry
    Weekly (38%) 65% n/a 35%

Occasionally (41%) 43% n/a 57%

Never (13%) 35% n/a 63%
    ===================================

i mean come on for crying out loud, the fate of the iraqi people and many others is being decieded because Bush opposes gay marraige and abortion? give me a f**king break!!!!!

edit - the details of the polls are here http://us.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/pages/results/states/OH/P/00/epolls.0.html

seamus wrote:
    /me goes to read up on John Titor and tick a few more boxes.

he did say that 2004 would be the "beginning" in retrospect didn't he?

Kinda makes sense.. Kerry contests Ohio, US supreme court appoints Bush. Bush does some crazy stuff and takes away more american liberties.

Democrats get even more polarised go crazy.

Bush uses heavy handed tactics

could have the stirrings of real trouble.

sharkman wrote:
    He can't run again ....Thank God ..

Thats why Mrs Clinton will be guaranteed to win ..

Sorry I should have quoted Bonkey in my post, I was referring to Mr Blair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

i mean come on for crying out loud, the fate of the iraqi people and many others is being decieded because Bush opposes gay marraige and abortion? give me a f**king break!!!!!

The American people have been asked whether they prefer killing foetuses or Arabs. They chose Arabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Memnoch wrote:
    i mean come on for crying out loud, the fate of the iraqi people and many others is being decieded because Bush opposes gay marraige and abortion? give me a f**king break!!!!![/url]
    The main thing is that there is a move away from Islamic states in the rest of the world - it's a good idea but the wrong religion.

none of these views are held by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

ionapaul wrote:
    Those crazy American morons, eh? We could never, EVER, be as downright silly as they!

Lowry is a poll-topper - MORE THAN ONCE. Bertie and his shower elected into power on lies and broken promises - MORE THAN ONCE (and will be next time, too!). Convicted gun-runners and facists with their own private army of thugs and knee-breakers - IN GOVERNMENT SOON. Bev Cooper-Flynn - FUTURE POLL-TOPPER?

Those silly silly Americans.*

*not a fan of Bush, think he is the wrong choice, but harping on about how stupid the Americans are gets my goat, so to speak.

Well said ionapaul, I agree 100%. Now before anyone throws another stone, please step out of the glass house.

I hate those stupid yanks and this stupid intenet thing they developed........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

They've not only won but done better!!!

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2004/11/03/story174128.html

I can see em sharpening their bits for Alaska already!!!

Advertisement