Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn in hell america

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

bonkey wrote:
    Cabaal has picked up a one week ban for personal attacks.

jc

And rightly so, he gave me a bad rep for my first post "Get a brain then post" was his comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ixoy wrote:
    Actually, it IS a big deal. Oil is one of the fundamental underpinnings of our economy. Oil goes up. Petrol goes up. Hauliers - who deliver all our goods for example - charge more which, in turn, effects ALL prices. Ditto for matters of energy production. That's why it's very high on the list of woes!
    Oil fluctuates for any number of reasons.
    Its actually down to below $50 a barrel for the last 2 days.
    Personally I think that Bush means lower oil prices, in so far as he can affect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Keyzer wrote:
    WHY DON'T YOU STOP WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN AMERICA AND WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN OUR OWN COUNTRY?

Believe it or not, these days people can worry about two things at once. Crazy, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Yes i agree,the world not just USA would`ve been far better off without the likes of a war criminal like Bush,i didnt particulary like Kerry either but he would`ve been a damn sight better than Bush as President..Americans who voted for Bush must be stupid..hang your heads in shame....... :mad:
    Beruthiel wrote:
    today is a very sad day and the thoughts of 4 more years of this man in power makes me shudder, I'm disgusted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I really take ****ing offence to whores labeling the Americans who voted for Bush ignorant/dumb etc.
    Look at our own country ffs. FF in power AGAIN? If we were bigger on the world stage people would same the ****ing same thing about us as ye are saying about the americans atm.

My g/f is American and she voted Republican. I'll get her on soon [if she can] to post her views.

Not one of ye are IN america and all your **** is based on media which we all know is the best way to judge anything.

seems like boards is just a breeding ground for anti-american fanatics. **** it, get the arabs and iraqi's to join and we'll all bash america.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Let's just hope Air Force One gets shot down and Cheney crashes the limo on the way to the funeral, and that Americans see sense some day and stop voting Republican.
    As can be clearly seen, around 45% of the American electorate are dedicated GOP voters and are simply not going to 'come to their senses and stop voting Republican.' The Republican party more closely mirror their way of thinking and their belief of how America should be than the alternative (whether the Democrats or a third party).

I would not vote Republican, and probably would never do so, but it is simplistic and frankly annoying that some on this board are labelling as 'stupid idiots' and 'rednecks' all GOP voters, actually, labelling all Americans as 'stupid idiots'. Just because they may make bad choices, be swayed by persuasive electioneering, or simply care more about gay marriage / abortion / homeland security than the environment or Iraqi children, doesn't make them any less intelligent than anyone here! They may have different priorities - a victory for Bush may be in the interest of many people. At most you could label them as poorly informed, easily led or unable to see the bigger picture - a charge you can lay at the door of the majority in every country.

That's my lecture over and done with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Hobbes wrote:
    You are soooo wrong. Do you not think other countries invest in the US? For I see some Canadian companies are either pulling out of the US or changing how they do business because of Bushes policies make it too much trouble to do business there.

Likewise with investments. The US$ is worth a lot less now, so any investments in the US loose money over time. It will be worth it more when the $ stabilizes or comes back (more profit for non-US people) but at the moment its going down the toilet.

But what this win does is basically green light Bushs actions for the last four years as a good thing. So all bets will be off which scares the crap out of me.
    On the other hand, Kerry said that he would close tax loopholes for corporations. One of these loopholes is lax transfer-pricing regulations. This allows corporations to run profits through foreign countries at low corporation tax rates and thereby pay little or no tax at home. Ireland is one of the main countries for this.

I'm not saying this is a reason to like Bush, but I think there may well be a sigh of relief in the offices of the IDA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Keyzer wrote:
    Your condascending tone is getting on my nerves and you are missing my points COMPLETELY.

So please read again - WHY DON'T YOU STOP WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN AMERICA AND WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN OUR OWN COUNTRY?

because what Bush does effect our own country and the rest of the world, there are dead women and children in Iraq atm because for that animal bush.

Also we are paying about 10 dollars more for oil now that bush has destabilised the middle east. I could go on and on.

I hope this clears it up for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Kaimera wrote:
    My g/f is American and she voted Republican. I'll get her on soon [if she can] to post her views.

I would be interested to hear this and the view this election sends around the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Kaimera wrote:
    I really take ****ing offence to whores labeling the Americans who voted for Bush ignorant/dumb etc.
    Look at our own country ffs. FF in power AGAIN? If we were bigger on the world stage people would same the ****ing same thing about us as ye are saying about the americans atm.

Not one of ye are IN america and all your **** is based on media which we all know is the best way to judge anything.

seems like boards is just a breeding ground for anti-american fanatics. **** it, get the arabs and iraqi's to join and we'll all bash america.

your gf is a moron if she voted for bush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

Gizzard wrote:

im not sure id go that far, but crap i wish people hadnt voted for that slimeball creaton

Kaimera wrote:
    Not one of ye are IN america

What has this got to do with anything? Everyone is allowed an opinion regardless of wether or not they could have affected the outcome.
    Kaimera wrote:
    and all your **** is based on media which we all know is the best way to judge anything.

Err....how exactly did all those voters in America form thier views? By your arguement we can discount all thier opinions because they formed them on unreliable media.
    Kaimera wrote:
    seems like boards is just a breeding ground for anti-american fanatics.

heh. And this only two sentances after critisizing people for make derogatory generalisations.
    Kaimera wrote:
    **** it, get the arabs and iraqi's to join and we'll all bash america.

I cant help but wonder why you first included the Arabic people in that sentance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I have to admit, I didn't think it would upset me so much that Kerry lost. I genuinely actually liked the guy.

I honestly don't know what to think about the future at this point. Damn religeon. Why does mankind have to be so ignorant? Right now I'm more cynical than I've ever been in my life.

One thing: does anyone else see W being assassinated during this term. I've just got a gut feeling that it's going to happen and the republicans will have their own JFK to put on a pedastal and idolize...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Kaimera wrote:

but i thoguht u wanted to liberate the iraqi's and that bush and the republicans love the iraqi people and the iraqi people love them and are glad to be liberated?

We don't need to be in america to see the way in which Bush has had an effect on the entire world.

at least our views are based on something other than fox news, which has been shown repeatedly to be extremely misleading.

seems like you are an anti-human fanatic. get the rednecks to join in and we'll (literally)bash anyone opposing us. Its the american way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

GreeBo wrote:
    Personally I think that Bush means lower oil prices, in so far as he can affect them.

well apparently the reason they had dropped in the last couple of days was the prospect of maybe bush losing

he did affect it he invaded iraq
    and tried and is still trying to overthrow the democratically elected government of venezuela

then there is the threat of the overthrow of the american backed saudi royal family

Gizzard wrote:

This kind of personal attack is disgraceful, its her god given right to vote for who ever she chooses.

Stop whining about this and that, he's back in and thats that.

Its ridiculous that you can't post something without a smart remark or snide remark or someone turning your post around etc.

Sleepy wrote:
    One thing: does anyone else see W being assassinated during this term. I've just got a gut feeling that it's going to happen and the republicans will have their own JFK to put on a pedastal and idolize...

He won't be walking around downtown San Francisco during the next four years, I am certain of that. New York either.
    We will probably see another large protest at the inauguration - though since he won the popular vote this time, maybe not as big?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I can see this thread getting locked so fast.

which rights are god given then? and which aren't? i'd like to know.

do the iraqis have a god given right to vote for whomever they wish?

or is it going to be people the US picks?

Kaimera wrote:

since cabaal got a ban for a personal attack
    is calling people whores not a personal attack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Gizzard wrote:

honestly, you're not worh the ****ing effort.
    damn non personal attacks. whores liek you really get my fucking goat. sorry bonkey
    Err....how exactly did all those voters in America form thier views? By your arguement we can discount all thier opinions because they formed them on unreliable media

ehh, the fact they live there tbqfh. Somehow you'd have a better understanding as to who'd be better if you lived in the damn country.
    heh. And this only two sentances after critisizing people for make derogatory generalisations

hmmm..it appears I lowered my self to the general levels here then. :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Sleepy wrote:
    One thing: does anyone else see W being assassinated during this term.
    *me scribbles a little note in my 'suggestions' book*

Memnoch wrote:
    which rights are god given then? and which aren't? i'd like to know.

do the iraqis have a god given right to vote for whomever they wish?

or is it going to be people the US picks?

Another post turning my post around.

I never said I sgreend with the Iraq invasion or whats going on over there.

She has a right to vote for who ever she wants whether you like her choice or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

ionapaul wrote:
    He won't be walking around downtown San Francisco during the next four years, I am certain of that. New York either.
    We will probably see another large protest at the inauguration - though since he won the popular vote this time, maybe not as big?
    I'd say it'll probably be larger as this time his victory was due in part to bigotry against the gay community who are well known for their ability to amass large numbers for parades/protests etc.

I'm still in a state of shock that Kerry lost. Can't believe I'd that much faith in America.

Kaimera wrote:
    honestly, you're not worh the ****ing effort.
    damn non personal attacks. whores liek you really get my fucking goat. sorry bonkey

ehh, the fact they live there tbqfh. Somehow you'd have a better understanding as to who'd be better if you lived in the damn country.

hmmm..it appears I lowered my self to the general levels here then. :|

you lowered yourself to your own level and no one elses.

the fact that they live there doesn't mean jack in regards to what they know about international politics, iraq, diplomacy and terrorism. Nor does it mean they somehow know more about the rights homosexuals should /should not have or women should/should not have.

and if your going to climb your high horse about personal insults then maybe refrain from calling people "wh***s" I'm sure your gf will be well pleased to see you use language that is so derogatory towards women.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

GreeBo wrote:

Yes he does. In fact oil prices went up when it was noted that Bush was starting to win the election. Says its $51 a barrel now btw.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aIqWDCWQgmbg&refer=news_index

Kaimera wrote:

and where are you that enables you to see the truth

has laois joined the USA

Conversely, when early exit polls on the east coast suggested that Kerry would snatch it, stocks reversed their rally earlier in the day and headed south fairly quickly! Now that Bush's victory seems certain, we should see a rally in US stocks this afternoon.

Memnoch wrote:
    you lowered yourself to your own level and no one elses.

the fact that they live there doesn't mean jack in regards to what they know about international politics, iraq, diplomacy and terrorism. Nor does it mean they somehow know more about the rights homosexuals should /should not have or women should/should not have.

and if your going to climb your high horse about personal insults then maybe refrain from calling people "wh***s" I'm sure your gf will be well pleased to see you use language that is so derogatory towards women.

Where are you coming from? the 1920's? do you think his gf is going to care that he called people whores?

He was obviously pissed off with everyone labelling Ameircans as dumb etc for voting for Bush.

Then that goon completely insulted his gf by calling her a moron....

This is bordering on play school level debating...

• Advertisement

Kaimera wrote:

Huh??? Insight is linked to geographical location how exactly? Aside from 'somehow' of course.

Like it or not the American public made there votes based on the very same media that you decry, unless they were somehow lucky enough to get a personal Q & A session with both Bush and Kerry, and a round trip ticket to Iraq and Afganistan. We have acces to the same media here that they do there so we can form opinions that are just as valid even if we dont get the vote.

Besides, you dont live there so how do you know thier opinions are better than ours?

Advertisement