Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn in hell america

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

it's a sad day in the world in my opinion whatever the outcome - seeing so many more red blocks (Rep) than blue blocks (Dem) on the various areas of the U.S.A. from the pictures of the U.S.A. on the various U.S. news websites makes me wonder if U.S. citizens really know what is at stake...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

do you not think if you lived in the country, you'd be better able to gauge how exactly the economy is going for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Keyzer wrote:
    Where are you coming from? the 1920's? do you think his gf is going to care that he called people whores?

He was obviously pissed off with everyone labelling Ameircans as dumb etc for voting for Bush.

Then that goon completely insulted his gf by calling her a moron....

This is bordering on play school level debating...

so personal attacks only deserve a ban when they are aimed at you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Keyzer wrote:
    This kind of personal attack is disgraceful, its her god given right to vote for who ever she chooses.

Stop whining about this and that, he's back in and thats that.

Its ridiculous that you can't post something without a smart remark or snide remark or someone turning your post around etc.

anyone who voted for bush is directly responsible for the future missery that bush is going to bring to the world.

voting him in once is a mistake but voting again this time, yes she is a moron, lets call a spade a spade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Kaimera wrote:
    do you not think if you lived in the country, you'd be better able to gauge how exactly the economy is going for you?

er no. You might be more interested in gauging it as its more relevant to you but that is not the same as saying that you would some how instinctivly know better than Johnny Foreigner who has access to the exact same information as you do and who has taken an interest.

• Advertisement

Kaimera wrote:

in polls less people trusted bush on the economy

bush was trusted more on security

it would appear that a lot of people voted for bush out of fear
    not because he was doing a great job on the economy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

cdebru wrote:
    so personal attacks only deserve a ban when they are aimed at you

Jesus H Christ... the guy who PERSONALLY attacked me called me a thick shlt on 2 occasions and gave me a bad rep for nothing.

I was trying to explain where he was coming from with his whore comment.

The moderators need to step in here and close this thread.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Kaimera wrote:
    Well we've got the same economic data available to us as they do... I thought Ohio had one of the biggest job losses of all states? How does the net loss of jobs, as an economic "achievement", work favorably for the incumbent? What rationale could you use for it?

I'm assuming what's happened, for the economy, is that those with jobs won't place the economy as a high priority because - whatever about the broader scale - the individual one is fine, so terrorism, etc. takes a higher priority. None of which, of course, means Bush is actually good for the economy.

how so carpo? are you going to spend money exactly the same if you were there? perhaps the economy wouldn't suit you due to whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Will people please calm the fück down???

The alternative is that I start handing out bans-without-warning to anyone who marginally steps over the line.

Firstly, insulting someone's GF may not be against the rules, but its uncalled for, especially in the tone it was delivered. The response and subsequent stupid childish bickering was all worse.

Now will those of you who can't be civil either grow up, or get off this forum before I throw you off.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i am looking at it from a world perspective and not a domestic one obviously, as someone who has never lived in the U.S.A. - however Kerry would be a better choice on domestic issues according to U.S. voters in the exit polls when asked if domestic issues were their main priority when voting - Bush was much higher up in voters who placed family values and religion as their highest concern however.

On a world perspective in terms of peace and better U.S. diplomacy and relations with the world Kerry is also a better choice judging by http://www.globalvote2004.org/ (Kerry got 77.1% of the world vote).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Keyzer wrote:
    Jesus H Christ... the guy who PERSONALLY attacked me called me a thick shlt on 2 occasions and gave me a bad rep for nothing.

whats wrong with free speech, sure its a bit heated but this bizarre election result has ignited discussion

bonkey wrote:
    Will people please calm the fück down???

The alternative is that I start handing out bans-without-warning to anyone who marginally steps over the line.

Firstly, insulting someone's GF may not be against the rules, but its uncalled for, especially in the tone it was delivered. The response and subsequent stupid childish bickering was all worse.

Now will those of you who can't be civil either grow up, or get off this forum before I throw you off.

jc

here, here....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Kaimera wrote:
    how so carpo? are you going to spend money exactly the same if you were there? perhaps the economy wouldn't suit you due to whatever reason.

Because just because you live in a country doesn't make you an expert on it. Same way walking onto baseball field doesn't automatically make you a baseball expert (or player for that matter).

Ixoy makes a good point about Ohio though. I'd be intrested to hear what the answer is on that from the pro-bush camp.

Gizzard wrote:
    whats wrong with free speech, sure its a bit heated but this bizarre election result has ignited discussion

Because you are personally insulting people.
    There is nothing wrong in having an opinion once you convey it in the proper manner. Not, as you are doing, insulting people and coming out with silly comments.

Keyzer wrote:

and that guy has called people whores on 2 occasions

so you think you can explain where he is coming from and then it is not a personal attack

he actually said damn non personal attacks

bad rep just means he disaproves of your post he is entitled to disaprove

Keyzer, as i said in the +rep, I apologize for the comment. it'll be refrained from being used as with anything else.

cdebru wrote:
    and that guy has called people whores on 2 occasions

so you think you can explain where he is coming from and then it is not a personal attack

he actually said damn non personal attacks

bad rep just means he disaproves of your post he is entitled to disaprove

Right, thats it, I'm finished with this nonsense...

N.B bravo for having a civilized mature debate everyone and also for being open to other peoples views and opinions....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Kaimera wrote:

I'm not sure what you are saying here, can you reexplain it?

What I am saying is this; sure, the average American punter is going to have a better idea of whats going on in his own country then, for example, the average Irish punter does since he is immersed in it.

However, if the Irish punter is interested enough he can access just the same information that the American can and so draw equally valid opinions. He doesnt need to move there first thanks to modern mass media.

Moreover, Americans, just like Irish, get the vast majority of the information from the media. They might notice an increase in gas prices but its the newspapers or the networks which will tell them what event (political or otherwise) caused it.

By critisizing those here for making a judgement based on unreliable media you also critisize those in America making judgements based on that same media.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

ignore kaimera and his whores, i live with him. he says it every two minutes. just ignore it.

i've lost what little faith i had in the american public. Honestly, cant they see that bush is just plain DUMB

the problem with america is that they care about no-one but them selves. If you watch cnn news or fox news over there there is very little 'international news'. they think they are the centre of the universe

i would have voted kerry merely cos he seemed more intelligent then bush. i'd rather have a intelligent person in control of a couple of thousand nukes then a buffoon

i support the war in iraq. are people not glad that saddam is gone??? its those ungrateful whores in iraq i cant stand?? lets blow up the americans, they only got rid of saddam for us. no thanks, no nothing. im sure 99% of iraqis are fine, and are glad saddam is gone, but jesus why dont you jsut calm down and help your own country, your sitting on a gold mine

a bit off topic maybe but.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I feel bad for the ordinary educated liberal peace loving Americans. Sadly the easily led dumb hick ultra-Christian twats have re-elected that prick.

But there is nothing I could've done to change the outcome, so no point in brooding about it.

so you think that the majority of americans then dont want peace just because the voted Bush in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭por

Sleepy wrote:
    Damn religeon. Why does mankind have to be so ignorant?

Why not ask the Muslim fanatics cutting peoples heads off....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

por wrote:

and the Catholic fanatics throwing bombs and acid at people.

See labelling is fun.

Peteee wrote:

i support the war in iraq. are people not glad that saddam is gone??? its those ungrateful whores in iraq i cant stand?? lets blow up the americans, they only got rid of saddam for us. no thanks, no nothing. im sure 99% of iraqis are fine, and are glad saddam is gone, but jesus why dont you jsut calm down and help your own country, your sitting on a gold mine

a bit off topic maybe but.....

of course iraqis are glad saddam is gone
    but that does not mean they feel very grateful to the usa since they helped him get there and helped keep him in power
    now they want the usa to leave them alone they are concerned that the usa will install another puppet government that will do americas bidding in the middle east
    on top of that their lives have actually got worse since saddam is gone
    no electricity
    no clean water
    no law and order
    and a former CIA agent as prime minister

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Why go to great lengths hypothesising about what could induce the mid-American masses to vote for someone whose foreign policy this, economy that, environmental stance the other aren't shining beacons to the free world.
    These are just not important enough issues to the average voter, whose grasp of them is probably fairly vague. The major issue made for this campaign was terrorism/security. Bush led with it, Kerry followed along blindly, mumbling platitudes.
    Simply put, the USA hasn't been attacked since Bush went on his rampage against terror, something that counts for a lot in the eyes of an insecure people. Remember they'd never been attacked on home soil before, and that's something that nobody wants to go through, or even risk.

Kerry failed to understand the mindset of the common voter, failed to address their concerns adequately, failed to win them over, failed to become president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Maybe we should look a little closer to home. We have a lot in common with the trailer trash idiots that voted for Bush. Look at our own position. Look at the idiots that will ALWAYS vote Fianna Fail, and I mean ALWAYS, regardless of who's the leader of fthe party. Look at George Bush? His grasp of the English language is at best questionable, but surely Bertie is NO better. In fact (a), it's safe to say that if Bertie had any weapons he'd probably be gormless enough to use them. And somebody mentioned Catholic fanatics, just look around you......

por wrote:

and the christian fanatics that have killed 100,00 iraqis

of course they had the good sense not too show us a video of it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Is it just me, or is there anyone here who still believes that Kerry can win this... i dont hear no fat lady....

Someone said earlier on about seeing more red than blue on the map of the states with which party they voted for... this doesn't mean that bush has won on a landslide. Some states have a higher 'weighting' to coin a phrase.. so its not all doom and gloom....

• Advertisement

Is it just me, or is there anyone here who still believes that Kerry can win this... i dont hear no fat lady....

Someone said earlier on about seeing more red than blue on the map of the states with which party they voted for... this doesn't mean that bush has won on a landslide. Some states have a higher 'weighting' to coin a phrase.. so its not all doom and gloom....

take the ear plugs out she 's screaming

Advertisement