Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burn in hell america

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Peteee wrote:

and also name a country that has gone from dictatorship (or similar) to democracy, overnight?

spain, chile, argentina, portugal, russia ?? east germany poland hungary
    venezuela south africa
    to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 claidheamh

Point taken about the 1993 WTC attacks and Oklahoma, but in terms of casualties these were small-scale. Nobody expected anything like the 2001 attacks (I mean the average Joe here, not those with inside information and after-the-fact theorists), so they don't really blame Bush. It was like a guy at a bar getting sucker-punched from a stranger walking in off the street. No shame on they guy for getting hit, but dammit if he's not gonna hit back, and hard.

Hard to be sucker-punched when your friends repeatedly warn you of the approaching beating, yet you choose to ignore them as if your a mental deficient...That is unless you want a fight.
    some silly info

In the end, Kerry was not just out-gunned, but out-smarted by the "illiterate chimp". That has got to hurt.

Karl Rove is the puppet master. But, I'm in agreement, GWB is an "illiterate chimp." And an easily manipulated chimp at that. Just look at the blank stare and quick smile after most sentences in his speaches. It's as if he's recited his lines "real good," and is waiting for Rove to then throw him a banana. I don't think GWB has authorization to speak without a direct link to Mr. Rove.
    Puppet master

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Peteee wrote:
    and also name a country that has gone from dictatorship (or similar) to democracy, overnight?

ireland, there was 1922, britain there was a civil war, like wise america

Ireland was a democracy prior to '22, albeit within the UK, and the US had been an independent democracy for c. 80 years before their internal spat

Peteee wrote:
    the thing is though is taht america would be out of iraq if the iraqi's didnt blow them up!

stop blowing up the americasn, THEY CAME TO HELP YOU! why not let them leave, and tehn you can go sling **** at each other

As for bush being elected, tis a travesty. Interesting how all the hick (yes i'm tarring with one ginormous brush but...........) states voted for bush, while the rest voted for kerry. Go figure, monkeys will vote for monkeys

I feel sorry for all you people living in texas (etc) who voted kerry, KNOWING, it wouldnt have any difference. As i see democracy it shouldnt have any difference where youre from, a vote is a vote, whether from rich or poor etc etc whereas in america your vote is worth more if you live in ohio rather then texas (in a way its not, but in anotehr, better way, it is)

history proves that invaders and occupiers usually invade on the pretence that they are only trying to help
    sure didn't the brits only come here to help us
    the US was only trying to help the vietnamese
    hitler was doing the french a favour
    it is also true that they very rarely leave without having to be forced out if you dont attack them they think they are invited to stay
    in the end it will be iraqi resistance that forces the us out iraq if there was none why would they leave their foothold in the middle east

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

fair enough, was just making some points that countries dont necissarily go straight to democracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I refuse to condemn the entire USA to "burn in hell", and I'm very surprised that other people are happy to do so. Lets try to remember that around 48% of the population voted AGAINST Bush - a significant number of people by anyone's reckoning. Lets hope that these people can find a way to turn around, or at least limit the extent of neo-con policies.

What I find really frightening is the way that people are so egar to leave their homeland after Bush's election. It reminds me of stories of the Irish famine, and some of the intellectuals that fled Iraq and China under the rules of Saddam and Chairman Mao respectively. Worrying times.

landser wrote:
    Peteee wrote:

ireland, there was 1922, britain there was a civil war, like wise america

Ireland was a democracy prior to '22, albeit within the UK, and the US had been an independent democracy for c. 80 years before their internal spat

ireland was not a democracy prior to 1922
    some people here were allowed to vote to send people to a foreign parliament that is not the same as democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

claidheamh wrote:

Boycott our goods.

Have been doing that for a while. My condolences btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

bonkey wrote:
    More importantly, he knows that people only look at the easy numbers.

Bush gave a tax-cut and cut many benefits. Many people who eneded up worse off overall still were grateful for their taxcut.....as though two seperate people were responsible.

Not much different from our last general election though, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

fcuk it... Kerry concedes... why god why:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

cdebru wrote:
    history proves that invaders and occupiers usually invade on the pretence that they are only trying to help
    sure didn't the brits only come here to help us
    the US was only trying to help the vietnamese
    hitler was doing the french a favour
    it is also true that they very rarely leave without having to be forced out if you dont attack them they think they are invited to stay
    in the end it will be iraqi resistance that forces the us out iraq if there was none why would they leave their foothold in the middle east

Hmm, I think most Europeans will agree that the US-British-Allied invasion in 1944 was a pretty good thing, despite the 'pretence' they were doing it to save the world. Those damn invaders! That said, many will complain they didn't invade soon enough...

They left without much of a fight too, only stayed behind to guard against the Reds. Which most of Europe was extremely grateful for!

ionapaul wrote:
    Hmm, I think most Europeans will agree that the US-British-Allied invasion in 1944 was a pretty good thing, despite the 'pretence' they were doing it to save the world. Those damn invaders! That said, many will complain they didn't invade soon enough...

They left without much of a fight too, only stayed behind to guard against the Reds. Which most of Europe was extremely grateful for!

ahem i think your stretching it there is no comparison between D day and the invasion of Iraq

if you are talking about D day
    the french were involved part of the allies you cant really invade your own country
    it was a liberation from a previous invasion by the germans at the request of the french

lastly the US still has bases in europe nearly 15 years after the collapse of the soviet union
    so actually they didn't leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Gizzard wrote:
    You fking morons, how in hell could more people vote for the monkey bush again this time

Well America deserves to burn in the hell its created now, country full 51% of right wing rednecks

The Better Man Won

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Gizzard wrote:
    your gf is a moron if she voted for bush

And you are banned for a week for breaking the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

The Better Man Won

i think its a clear case of the better man losing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I dont mean to be drastic here, or anything, but,

We are all dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Tellox wrote:
    I dont mean to be drastic here, or anything, but,

We are all dead.

That or 1984.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

mercadillo wrote:
    Patriotism is a strange beast....

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them! ~Albert Einstein

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons. ~Bertrand Russell

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it. ~George Bernard Shaw

Patriotism, the virtue of the vicious. ~Oscar Wilde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

america.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Ok I have been away from the computer all day so here is my long winded :D response to some of the comments here
    Keyzer wrote:
    Thats a really mature response.
    Anyway, yes Bush is stupid etc. and blah blah blah. I never said I agreed with him getting back in. What gets on my nerves is people here being devastated by this result

Our economy is heavily dependent on American companies. We have the likes of Dell, Intel, Microsoft etc based in this country. George W bush has been a disaster for the american economy pissing away money on wars in Iraq and afghanistan, Afghanistan was justifiable to an extent as they were going after a group who refused to hand over a terrorist. But Sadam Hussein had nothing whatsoever to do with September 11th, yet despite this Bush had to finnish off Daddy's little War.

If the dollar weakens much more then it does not bode well for our economy, and because Bush is partially responsible for this, we have every right to be devastated by the result of the election.
    Keyzer wrote:
    whats to say Kerry would have done anything either?

I am basing my comments on the fact that he is not George Bush, who did nothing, unlike his predecessor Bill Clinton, who is a member of the same political party as John Kerry.

And before you start ranting about how Clinton influenced the Northern Ireland Peace process, take a look back at how many times it stalled until he offered his assistence to get it moving again.
    Keyzer wrote:
    when are we going to start sorting our own problems out and stop relying on outsiders to sort out the Northern Conflict.

That is a different subject to the one being discussed here, feel free to start a new thread about it.
    Keyzer wrote:
    And yes, petrol prices have gone up, big deal, everything else in this country has gone up i.e food, houses, insurance, drink etc. so I think petrol should be the lower down on the worries there mate.

There you go misquoting me, I said oil not petrol. And the increase in the price of oil influences the cost of home heating, electicity, airline flights, and the transportation of the food you eat, If it costs more to ship your food to your supermarket due to the high cost of oil then that kinda pushed the price of oil up on the list of the priorities. That chicken sandwich you had for lunch today didnt grow in the shop you bought it in.
    Keyzer wrote:
    So, back to my original point, why don't you put your energy into doing something about our own leaders and government instead of blabbing on about Bush getting back in.

How is posting ones objections to Mr. Bush being affected going to ruin your day, you seem to be unessarily angry about it.
    Keyzer wrote:
    HOW DO YOU KNOW KERRY WOULD HAVE CHANGED ANYTHING? HE COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE.

We dont, but we know that bush was bad, very bad, bad enough to warrant him being removed from the white house. What makes you think that Bush is going to suddenly stop all the wars he started and start making amends with the arab nations instead of bombing them.

oh and only the first letter of a sentence is meant to be capitalized, not the whole sentence.
    Keyzer wrote:
    WHY DON'T YOU STOP WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN AMERICA AND WORRY ABOUT WHATS GOING ON IN OUR OWN COUNTRY?

Oh we do worry about our own politicians, this politics forum is full of threads criticising Irish politicians, but should we not be allowed to criticize bush given that Today is the day that he won an election, we can go back to criticizing Irish politicians next week.

To ignore what goes on in other countries would be to make the same mistake the americans made.
    Kaimera wrote:
    ehh, the fact they live there tbqfh. Somehow you'd have a better understanding as to who'd be better if you lived in the damn country

The Iraqis dont live there either, are they entitled to have a view on whether or not GWB gets back in considering he has his troops mombing them ?
    Keyzer wrote:
    The moderators need to step in here and close this thread.

I remember vaguely asking three times for the same thing in after hours when you and three other users trashed everything that I believed in for ten pages. The thread was never locked though.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

we, like the united states Live in a free democracy. The United states Had there election, and The Most popular choice won. we may not have Liked who has been elected, But the simple point is that George W Bush Has Been Elected to lead The United States for another 4 years.

what if, we had an election tomorrow, and The Irish Comunist Party (if there is one) was elected. we the irish people choice them to be our Goverment, lets face it, why should we care what the rest of the world thinks? if we democraticly elected them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

Anyway, in other news, look what monumental event bumped that silly election thing off the front page of The Sun.

9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

No more will young music for a while, maybe the world isnt screwed after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

No more will young music for a while, maybe the world isnt screwed after all.
    Maybe OBL's boys have changed tactics and believe that destroying the west's utterly decadent light entertainment industry bit by bit will cause so much chaos, panic and fear that people will turn to god-bothering out of desperate need for something to believe in, and the much desired clash of civilisations will be realised. Or maybe it was the CIA.

These are the last days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Redlancer

I would just like to congratulate George Bush on his super victoey in America by winning the popular vote which proved it was only right he got in ahead of Gore the last time.He must have pleased alot of people as he did not have the popular vote the last time.
    I think it is great to see some person willing to stand up for us when all the Arab countries hate.Dont be fooled they have hated us from early human existance and at the end of the day it was Bin Laden who started the fire.All you people who hate Bush,just go to Iraq get captured by one of these radical groups then tell me Bush is not doing the right thing.If someone drove a plane into your house would you not want justice? Would you not try increase you security? Would you not try get to the root of the problem just like Bush?
    The problem is people see this issue with blinkers,it is not it is a world problem taking the examples of spain and russia.It has to be shown that terror cannot win and unlike spain who just except been bullied and walked on the USA will fight for choice.Maybe you all want to read the Koran every night but I am happy with my religion I do not want to change and Bush will make sure I have a choice.
    Thank you George Bush for ignoring the UN because if you did not we would be looking at another srebrenica on our hands.Never again I say and until all youdo gooders live through what happened in my country please do not give your opinions so lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Redlancer wrote:
    The problem is people see this issue with blinkers,

Hello. Is that Mr. Kettle? I heard that "Pot" Redlancer said you were black...

jc

we, like the united states Live in a free democracy. The United states Had there election, and The Most popular choice won. we may not have Liked who has been elected, But the simple point is that George W Bush Has Been Elected to lead The United States for another 4 years.

what if, we had an election tomorrow, and The Irish Comunist Party (if there is one) was elected. we the irish people choice them to be our Goverment, lets face it, why should we care what the rest of the world thinks? if we democraticly elected them?

i agree that it is the americans choice

the difference between what we do and what the US does is they have enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world a couple of times over and unlike any other country that has these weapons they have used them
    on a civilian population already
    so it is a worry when a born again nutcase is put in charge of these weapons

Ireland is not a threat to anyone and no one would paticularly give a fiddlers what we did

its not anti american i'm just as worried about putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

cdebru wrote:
    Ireland is not a threat to anyone and no one would paticularly give a fiddlers what we did

And I woulda said the same about Austria until they elected someone internationally distasteful...

jc

Advertisement