Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can you pay your MBNA CC card?

Options
  • 03-11-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The payment methods for MBNA cards aren't exactly clear from their website so I was wondering if anyone can tell me which ways there are to pay?

Online from a BOI account?
    Online from billpay.ie?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

I pay online from AIB internet banking I had to add them as a utility

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Great. I should be able to do that from BOI too then.

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yes, I do the same as - nellieswellies - easy. Also remember you can set up a direct debit with MBNA so that they will automatically take the minimum payment due from your bank account monthly.

Very handy if you are as absent minded as me, and want to protect your credit rating.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Their website is very annoying.
    I was applying for one of the main 3 cards on the european website but
    when i was filling out the form it was all in pounds sterling.
    The only Irish card I could see was the Gold one, in the Ireland Cards section.

I called and asked if they do the platinum plus in Ireland (that's the one I want because it's interest free on Balance transfers for 9 months) and she
    said they do offer one but to make sure I was on the Irish site.

Am I going nuts or can you only see the Gold card? (plus the association cards)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I have an MBNA Plus. Thier Irish website is www.mbnanetaccess.ie
    or call freephone 1800 409 511.

You would be just as well to ring them and ask them to send out an application form for the Platinum Plus,as they will require you to send them hard copies/original recent bank statements, and a utility service bill {New Gov anti-fraud regulations} do not blame MBNA. So you can send everything together, at the same time.

I use them as their APR is cheaper than anyone else that I have dealt with.

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Paddy20 wrote:
    hard copies/original recent bank statements[/QUOTEThis can be a form of credit check, but also proof of address.
    and a utility service bill
    Proof of address.
    {New Gov anti-fraud regulations
    Anti-money laundering. http://www.oasis.gov.ie/personal_finance/money_laundering.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Sleipnir wrote:
    Great. I should be able to do that from BOI too then.

Cheers!
    You have to ring them (banking 365) up to set it up.
    Just give them the mbna bank account number and sort code on your mbna bill (at the bottom on the giro form-they probably know it off by heart, tbh), and your mbna account number.

You then "transfer money->to other accounts" on the web site..

hth
    jd

Advertisement