Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€153 Million (gta Sa )

Options
  • 03-11-2004 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

153 million for an opening weekend of the movie would be biggest miovie ever but for a videogame !!!

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57082
    In gross revenue terms, the game would have generated around £24 million in the UK alone over the weekend, and projected across the world that figure could be as much as £106 million, or put in international currency terms, $195.5 million or 153.97 Euros. Put in context, if a movie were to gross that much at the box office, it would instantly be classed among the all-time greats - that's how big Rockstar's game has become.

677,000 wonder how many ppl think its **** ?

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

wonder how many got their mammy to buy it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

Yeah, but its only €7 into a movie, where as €55 is the cheapest ive seen that game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Jammer wrote:
    Yeah, but its only €7 into a movie, where as €55 is the cheapest ive seen that game :P

€44.99 in Argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

glad i didnt fork out for it so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Classy! Now i know someone who just couldnt wait to see that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

off to Argos i go on Friday morning but they will probably be sold out knowing my luck :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

maybe not

sold out this morning, asked when they would have more in and the woman shrugged her shoulders

Smyths will have them tomorrow so that will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

The highest ever opening weekend for a movie is $114 Million, and GTA: San Andreas has smashed it. I know it's not a direct comparision as video games are slightly more expensive than cinema tickets (;)), but it's still extremely impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

It would be interesting to see how many tickets V copies of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Get your calculator out so...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I did after I posted it, then it didn't work out properly so I threw the calculator across the room, which was a bad move since it was the calculator on the pc.

Damn math.

Advertisement