Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave Bush Alone

Options
  • 03-11-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Everyone being a little too harsh today?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

No. No we're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah we really should be nicer, he's only a mass murderer after all.

What's the toll in Iraq, I heard 100,000 possibly dead, is that figure accurate?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Everyone being a little too harsh today?

NO

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

ixoy wrote:
    No. No we're not.

Yes, ye are.

The sour grapes is apalling.

They Voted as they wanted and not a ye wanted. I think they have voted in our interest btw.

Also these wars were goint to happen anyways. Clinton was shaping up to deal with Afganistan and other sources of fundamentalism and I'm sure Gore would have continued down that route.

What would Kerry have done differently. The issue of terrorism has to be dealt with. He might have tried to get EU backing but given that large Muslim pop in France i douubt that would happen. And he qould continue to act unilaterally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how on earth did invading iraq do anything to harm terrorists?

bush took the focus off bin laden and al qaida and did something TOTALLY unrelated.

maybe he'll attack terrororism by nuking jamaica next year.

• Advertisement

koneko wrote:
    Yeah we really should be nicer, he's only a mass murderer after all.

What's the toll in Iraq, I heard 100,000 possibly dead, is that figure accurate?

There would be that many dead under Sadam and Sanctions anyways over the next few years. At least the end was quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

Not by a long shot. I would have launched a tirade of vitriol, but its not worth getting in trouble with the mods over. Instead I will concentrate my malignant rage in to one sentance. Darn President Bush to heck! I'm sure anyone with imagination can insert the long list of expletives and comparisons to the rear end of barnyard animals and such that should be in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

narommy wrote:
    There would be that many dead under Sadam and Sanctions anyways over the next few years. At least the end was quicker

child like understanding of the world

narommy wrote:

Yeah, sorry. I guess he really is a good man for ending their lives and suffering for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

narommy wrote:

Dunno what to say to that.
    Better to kill 100,000 quickly eh?

• Advertisement

Mordeth wrote:
    how on earth did invading iraq do anything to harm terrorists?

bush took the focus off bin laden and al qaida and did something TOTALLY unrelated.

maybe he'll attack terrororism by nuking jamaica next year.

Iraq was a soft target that nobody really cared about and it was a good choice to show other Arab countries that if US thinks you are hiding terrorists or helping them in any way then you will be dealt with.

Also, America needed a new base in Middle East, Suadi could go at any time.

It is also about trying to spread democracy in the region (hopefully the majority of Arabs don't turn out to be fundamentalists.)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

narommy wrote:
    Iraq was a soft target that nobody really cared about and it was a good choice to show other Arab countries that if US thinks you are hiding terrorists or helping them in any way then you will be dealt with.
    Sorry but WTF?! So because you think nobody cares about it, it doesn't matter?! You know a lot of people, worldwide, wouldn't give a fiddle about Eire - do you care if we get blasted back into the proverbial stone age?
    Again huh? So it's okay to invade, because they need a base? How is that morally justified?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Bush is fair game so it is not harsh to be on here posting your disappointment and resentment about the re-election of a war-monger

Gizzard wrote:
    child like understanding of the world

And what would your understanding be? The world is one f*ucked up place:mad:
    I dare you to explain it to us :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

narommy wrote:

It is also about trying to spread democracy in the region (hopefully the majority of Arabs don't turn out to be fundamentalists.)

You cannot be serious with this!! Slaughter 1,000s of innocent people to prove a point. What is the difference with this action and all other terrorist actions?

narommy wrote:

If the U.S. thinks you are hiding terrorists? What, proof is unneccessary now?

So what we should do is to FORCE the Arab world, by means of war, to vote democratically?
    Doesn't that go against what democracy actually stands for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Sleipnir wrote:

So what we should do is to FORCE the Arab world, by means of war, to vote democratically?

the funny thing is all the war-mongerers and pro-war people don't actually WANT democracy in iraq.. if u actually talk to them about it this becomes quite clear.

They say they want "democracy" but only as long as its not muslims fundamentalists running the show. Therefore provisons must be made to prevent this. I'd be happy to agree with that IF they didn't have fundamentalist christians running the show in the great example of democracy they have i the US.

Any form of real democracy in iraq would result in a muslim fundamentalist state.

ixoy wrote:
    Sorry but WTF?! So because you think nobody cares about it, it doesn't matter?! You know a lot of people, worldwide, wouldn't give a fiddle about Eire - do you care if we get blasted back into the proverbial stone age?

Again huh? So it's okay to invade, because they need a base? How is that morally justified?

Nobody that has the power to do anything about it.

Morally justified?? What's that got to do with America retaining it's power base

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

narommy wrote:

Morally justified?? What's that got to do with America retaining it's power base

what its got to do with is the murdering of 100,000 innocent people.

But you obviously don't care because it doesn't affect you or people like you.

How would you like it if america bombed your neighbourhood and killed everyone you know to retain their power base?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

narommy wrote:
    Also these wars were goint to happen anyways. Clinton was shaping up to deal with Afganistan and other sources of fundamentalism and I'm sure Gore would have continued down that route.

Unlike Bush, Clinton actually bothered to go after OBL before he became a serious threat. What did the republicans do? Go on about Monica.

What did Bush do? Ignored three reports about OBL planning to attack the US. When OBL did attack he called off his people and asked them to do up plans to hit Iraq which had nothing to do with it.

Sent a small force into Afganistan to go after OBL.

As for Iraq. GO READ UP ABOUT WHAT IS GOING ON IN IRAQ. You think people are going on about oil? It is worse then that. Here is a nice starting point to start your research.

Bush can easily be ranked as one of the worst presidents ever in US history. What amazes me is how he manages to get away with it. I know Americans aren't clueless, I can only assume they are totally oblivious to what is going on .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stop trolling narommy please. America is not better than the rest of the world, period. It will get its comeuppance and realise this eventually. Unfortunately for innocent Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

What do you all suggest we do about the war against terrorism now then. Pull troops out? I'm genuinely interested. What would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

To say that Bush is succeeding on the war on terror by invading Iraq is rediculous. He's creating thousands of new terrorists every day.

What do you all suggest we do about the war against terrorism now then. Pull troops out? I'm genuinely interested. What would you do?

Ah ferchrissakes.
    THE WAR IN IRAQ HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH TERRORISM. Geddit?

Show me when Iraqi terrorists attacked the U.S. warranting a war?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Carpo

narommy wrote:

Great. I'll just get me rifle and make the world a better place with one shot shall I? Sure if noone manages to stop me then its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Honestly, I'm not pissed at Bush. I'm pissed at the millions of eejits who voted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PaddyjDunne

So what would you all do if you could fight this war against terrorism then? Pull all the troops out? Or perhaps you'd all do nothing except a Michael Moore style propoganda/documentary about how it is just one mans fault? Seriously, if you could do anything what would you do to sort out the mess?

Sleipnir wrote:

None! That being the point. Sympathetic countries will clean up their act and the world will be a better place (out of fear)

Democracy is about having the choice to vote. If they decide that they want to keep their old governments but they should have the choice.

I think that if it is a bit rough for Europeans to be lecturing on democracy and then lambasting Us for voting for Bush

Paddy,
    You can't seriously buy into the "war on terror" thing. You think bombing and attacking nations is going to stop terrorists? You don't think maybe it creates more enemies and terrorists?

• Advertisement

narommy wrote:
    the world will be a better place (out of fear)

oh goodie.

Advertisement