Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel reservations component

Options
  • 03-11-2004 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

any one know of a good (preferably free) hotel reservations component (prteferably php+mysql)

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

if its for a small hotel then this link might help

http://www.hotscripts.com/search/998262.html

otherwise - you are in for a ton of development work, since most larger hotels do have their own reservation system and if they are delving into online reservations, the online system would, in some way, have to be tied into their current system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Ph3n0m wrote:
    otherwise - you are in for a ton of development work, since most larger hotels do have their own reservation system and if they are delving into online reservations, the online system would, in some way, have to be tied into their current system

How many hotels use this?

http://www.gulliver.ie/default.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

pork99, absolutely no idea - the hotel reservation programs I have seen see to be mostly dos based or VB - typical blue screen interface.

unfortunately I cant remember any of the names of the software they use, but I have been told (by people working in hotels at reception desks) that a chain of hotels would use the same software, but another chain might use something different.

that said, there is, i think only a few software packages out there that hotels do use.

plus gulliver is actually a product of www.flexco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Ph3n0m wrote:
    pork99, absolutely no idea - the hotel reservation programs I have seen see to be mostly dos based or VB - typical blue screen interface.

unfortunately I cant remember any of the names of the software they use, but I have been told (by people working in hotels at reception desks) that a chain of hotels would use the same software, but another chain might use something different.

that said, there is, i think only a few software packages out there that hotels do use.

plus gulliver is actually a product of www.flexco.ie

Interesting

I thought that as Bord Failte had some invovement with Gulliver it might be widely used but I see from reading a bit more about it that seems to be aimed at smaller guesthouses, B&Bs etc

Advertisement