Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Algarve anyone?

• 03-11-2004 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭

Im thinking of booking a summer holiday next August to the Algarve with my boyfriend. I have never been so cannot decide what resort area to choose.

Can anyone tell me if you've been to these resorts and whats there to do there ie water parks, shopping centres, beaches, restaurants, bars etc.

Alvor
    Praia da Rocha
    Vilamoura
    Albufeira
    Carvoeiro

Cheers

Thanks in advanced

Mel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

we were there 3 times (as a family) all depends how old are you 2 Albufeira is the best by far for us but for shopping you will have to get a taxi for 15 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 muttleys_girl

went to the algarve this september and it was great at that time of year. we stayed in Praia da Rocha in club Praia da Rocha. the weather was great and the beach nearby is amazing. the pubs were good around the place.there was one bar (think it was called cathedral?) that stayed open well past four and sold cheap drink and was like a really good disco bar. there was at least one other nightclub but we never went there cos the other place was perfect for drinking and dancing!
    there is a bus that takes you to the shopping centre nearby but we never went.
    its hard to find good places for food....unlike lanzarote where even the cheapest of places serves good food. two places i would recommend is a restauraunt called squash and another one called titanic. we went to a steakhouse called doreys(or dories) one night....terrible food and service...highly unrecommended!!!!!
    overall we had a great time in the algarve....a really cheap and cheerful holiday. for the time of the year(end of september) it was very busy and overall very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭frantic_mel

Thanks guys,

We will both be 23 in the new year. And we are not really clubby people.

If Portugal is not for us, can you recommend elsewhere - had been to PDI in the Canaries but was a bit too clubby etc.

Mel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Hi
    Try Turkey it is hot ,cheap,just as clean as spain .But go to maramis (spelling might need looking into ) leather is for nothing gold is over 50% less than here and 14k not 9k we stayed in the turquise appartments the staff are cool irish girl working there too
    and they go mad for euro,s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

I'd recommend Albuferia/Montechero. Its the same place really except Albuferia is the beach side of the resort & is closer to the old town where there's som exceptional restaurants. Montechero is the strip with all the restaurants, pubs, clubs etc.. If you're not into a real clubbing holiday but would like to visit some disco bars then i think it would suit ye down to the ground. I'd recommend staying on the Albuferia side of town :)

• Advertisement

thanks Danni,

Got Budget Travels preview book yesterday, i have to say not very much on albufiera in terms to accomodation. But i think this will be our choosen resort.

Mel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bob_z

Hi I spent 2 weeks in Praia da Rocha in Club Praia da Rocha with my ex-girlfriend a few yrs ago. I'd defintely recommend it as somewhere for a couple who are not really clubby people to go. We had a great time there, the beach and weather were amazing and the restaurents were pretty cheapish too.
    The Cathedral bar was a good spot, quite busy, but they had seats outside.....perfect for a couple to chat or just watch the world go by.
    Best thing about the holiday was no gangs of English drunken louts or reps trying to pull you into every bar every 10 seconds

bob_z wrote:
    Hi I spent 2 weeks in Praia da Rocha in Club Praia da Rocha with my ex-girlfriend a few yrs ago. I'd defintely recommend it as somewhere for a couple who are not really clubby people to go. We had a great time there, the beach and weather were amazing and the restaurents were pretty cheapish too.
    The Cathedral bar was a good spot, quite busy, but they had seats outside.....perfect for a couple to chat or just watch the world go by.
    Best thing about the holiday was no gangs of English drunken louts or reps trying to pull you into every bar every 10 seconds

thanks

might give this resort a look.

Advertisement