Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Democrats don't learn from their mistakes :(

• 03-11-2004 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I concede hindsight makes this an easy statement to make, but...

Same as last time, too much time spent campaining in Florida, not enough in Ohio. Do they not learn? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think it's less to do with time spent campaigning in certain states and more to do with the fact they still haven't learnt how to go for the jugular in the same fashion as the Republicans. A better tactician would have created something similar to the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" movement and included the contents of a lot of Michael Moore et als "revelations" about Bush going AWOL, his alcoholism, drink driving, etc. etc. etc.

The fact that Bush turned one of his weakest areas (defence and ability to command) into an asset so unchallenged was frankly astounding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Sleepy wrote:
    I think it's less to do with time spent campaigning in certain states and more to do with the fact they still haven't learnt how to go for the jugular in the same fashion as the Republicans. A better tactician would have created something similar to the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" movement and included the contents of a lot of Michael Moore et als "revelations" about Bush going AWOL, his alcoholism, drink driving, etc. etc. etc.

The fact that Bush turned one of his weakest areas (defence and ability to command) into an asset so unchallenged was frankly astounding.

Funny, I actually blame Moore heavily because I think he was personally responsible for energizing Bush's base and creating the HUGE turnout numbers that we saw...the exact result I feared would happen when everyone else was preaching the virtues of Fahrenheit 9/11 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Democratic Party is a bit like FG here or Old Labour in Britain. They are'nt ruthless or clever enough. And like FG here ppl vote democrat with little enthusiasm. The votes are simply anti Bush votes not pro-Kerry.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Im sick to the dog that Bush is going to get "4 more years!". If I hear that again. grrrrrrrrrrrrrr :o:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

mike65 wrote:
    The Democratic Party is a bit like FG here or Old Labour in Britain. They are'nt ruthless or clever enough. And like FG here ppl vote democrat with little enthusiasm. The votes are simply anti Bush votes not pro-Kerry.

Mike.

I would agree with that. There is more fire in the belly, more guts, more brashness about the GOP than the Democrats, who are more lassie faire and, dare I say, gullible than the GOP and its well weathered machine. Michael Moore on Question Time last week even said as much.

/me goes to register hillaryforpres2008.com or similar....

• Advertisement
Advertisement